• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! How to get rid of bird dropping stain on the Car?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried washing , then polish and it still can't get rid of the stain on my paint finish. Any suggestions? !

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I've tried washing , then polish and it still can't get rid of the stain on my paint finish. Any suggestions? !
Claybars, as suggested by others, usually work pretty well at that sort of thing. Any automotive store should have them. The best solution is to get it early. Every car's trunk should contain a spray-bottle of quick-detailer (I use Meguiar's but doubt there's much difference between any of them) and a good microfiber cloth to get them as soon as you see them. And either keep the car garaged or covered if you're not going to be using it for a while.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did go to the car wash and gave it the "Ambassador" wash. It still didn't come off. I"m going to try the clay bar. I will have to spend half a day to do the "Zaino" thing. Thanks!

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some birds have acid ****, you should not let the bird **** stay a long time over your paint...

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clay will work to a point but if it has eaten through a layer of clear the only way to remove it may be to use a orbital/rotary and some polish or compound. You can differ the cut based on the pads you use but always start with the lightest possible and work to heavy only if needed.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but what is a clay bar? Is it just a bar of clay or a name for something else?

Something tells me I'm in for it by asking this question
alien.gif

JB

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is literally a bar of clay, albeit a special automotive clay. After a good wash you spray detailing mist or lubricant on the car and rub the clay over the surface of the car. It will pick up contaminants that polishes and compounds can't. You can see the stuff it picks up in the clay in the form of dirt. As you move the clay it will grab at first in areas with contaminants but as you rub will get super slick. The final result is a contaminant free super slick car ready to be polished.

I just clayed my car today and taped it all off for tomorrow which is going to be a long day of compounding and polishing to remove swirls and scratches, followed with a coat of acrylic wax, a sealant, and final gloss coat.

Then I have another car to do after that including wash and clay and another to do scratch removal and wax/sealant.

I better wake up early.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Pardon my ignorance but what is a clay bar? Is it just a bar of clay or a name for something else?

Something tells me I'm in for it by asking this question
alien.gif

JB

Hello Jetblast. I've been using this product ( Zaino ) and it's really one of the best on the market. I just haven't polished my own car in over a year... been lazy and going to the car wash instead. Hope this link explains it better. I may have to do it this weekend.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...C&Store_Code=Z

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads