• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Height Loss over years

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoilerRoom
I'm too young to have experienced age-related height loss, but I do know that I shrink 3/4" throughout the day.

yeah i do too. about exactly 1/2 inches throughout the day. is there anyway to prevent this i guess not.

i am exactly 5'11.5" in the morning and end up 5'11 at end of day no matter what i do whether it is a heavy or light day at work (moving equipment) . add shoes (about 3/4 inches to 1 inch heel depending on shoes) and a bit of my hair and im over 6 feet but i would love to keep that height to my 50s and beyond

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
yeah i do too. about exactly 1/2 inches throughout the day. is there anyway to prevent this i guess not.

Stay in bed, in a horizontal position, all day long.

Spicemeister

Reaction score
From what I've read, yoga could help you, specifically stetches/poses that target the back but for this to work you must do it regularly.

BoilerRoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff

i am exactly 5'11.5" in the morning and end up 5'11 at end of day no matter what i do whether it is a heavy or light day at work (moving equipment) . add shoes (about 3/4 inches to 1 inch heel depending on shoes) and a bit of my hair and im over 6 feet but i would love to keep that height to my 50s and beyond

Nobody is going to notice an inch. You can't stop spine compression.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
^Lovely...
plain.gif

If that's not appealing, there's always leg-lengthening cosmetic surgery performed in certain foreign countries.
smile.gif

That's not your leg.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Seriously: **** that ****. The trick in life is to make the most with what you are given.
Looks like you won't make it too far bud.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads