• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you seen this Prada Boot?

roblumba

Reaction score
I bought these Prada boots at Arthur Berean in San Francisco perhaps 10 or more years ago. There's some things about it I really like (360 degree welt, cool partially hidden laces, split toe, comfortable). I've looked around at other Prada boots and haven't really seen anything like it. What do you all think? Like, dislike. My wife hates them, so feel free to bash away. I would also be curious if anyone can estimate their worth new or used.

The below photo shows a bit of a bulbous protrusion below the strap because there's no foot in the shoe.

I love the littlle nobbies on the sole. Fairly unique.

I love the littlle nobbies on the sole. Fairly unique.

roblumba

Reaction score
I'm getting the suspicion that these are ugly and you are all being polite since I said I like them. ;)

gsugsu

Reaction score
While the split toe and sole work for me as a casual boot, I think the strap and closed laces mar the overall appearance in a kind of orthopedic way. But, that is just one man's opinion. You like them, they are comfortable, they have served you well for 10 years and seem to be in quite good shape so good for you. You have had them this long so why do you need someone to tell you they are beautiful or ugly now? No idea of what they are worth. Check EBay for completed listings. SWD might be the better forum to post in for gauging opinions on esthetics and residual value.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they look like a pretty standard Prada shoe from 10 years ago. I'm guess retail they were in the $495 range? Current Prada seasons of shoes of that general rank/level are maybe $585-650 or so.

For standard Prada shoes like yours, they don't fetch much used. A shoe seen on the runway will maybe fetch a good sum THAT or the next season, but after 10 years... you'll not get much. I've seen nearly new pairs go for as low as $25. Even with box and shoe bags, I'd say $50... or $100 if you get lucky.

Best thing is that if you like them, keep them and enjoy them.

Last edited:

roblumba

Reaction score
While the split toe and sole work for me as a casual boot, I think the strap and closed laces mar the overall appearance in a kind of orthopedic way. But, that is just one man's opinion. You like them, they are comfortable, they have served you well for 10 years and seem to be in quite good shape so good for you. You have had them this long so why do you need someone to tell you they are beautiful or ugly now? No idea of what they are worth. Check EBay for completed listings. SWD might be the better forum to post in for gauging opinions on esthetics and residual value.
Yeah, the strap doesn't show when I wear them and I also agree that that's a good thing. I'm new to the forum. I was briefly into shopping and dressing well when I bought these boots. But since then, I got married and had an engineer job that allowed for jeans and t-shirts all the time. But now I have a more customer-focused engineering job and have started looking into getting some better pieces of clothing and shoes for day-to-day wear. I was curious to see what others thought of them and what they might be worth. Thanks for chiming in.

roblumba

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they look like a pretty standard Prada shoe from 10 years ago. I'm guess retail they were in the $495 range? Current Prada seasons of shoes of that general rank/level are maybe $585-650 or so.
For standard Prada shoes like yours, they don't fetch much used. A shoe seen on the runway will maybe fetch a good sum THAT or the next season, but after 10 years... you'll not get much. I've seen nearly new pairs go for as low as $25. Even with box and shoe bags, I'd say $50... or $100 if you get lucky.
Best thing is that if you like them, keep them and enjoy them.

Good to know. My wife would be glad to see me replace them. I think that's why she hasn't been totally objecting to my recent purchases. I used to think they were dressy, but I recently started wearing a pair of Alden LWB Ravello, which my wife likes, and now realize how clunky these things look in comparison. I've got a Marlow soon to be delivered as well as the Alden Natural CXL tankers. I think these Prada's will serve to give my other shoes a break. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads