• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have some difficulty in choosing suits,please help!!

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
Wow...Maybe you have a point..To a degree,I can't agree more because there are so many similar cases in China. Do you think the goods in Bicester Village are decent?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sartoria Castangia? I think it is not the Sartoria I just mentioned.. Sartoria by Kiton? Are they different companies? 

All three are differet and all are high-end. Sartoria in Italian means" tailor's"

Last edited:

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
Thank you again. One more thing, should I listen to that gentleman and avoid buying suits online, because the quality can not be guaranteed. Moreover, I am just a novice to suits, therefore, I can not tell if the quality is good or not.. Do you think the shop you recommended sells suits with high quality just like the normal stores?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sartoria Partenopea. They also vary in cut, but less than Belvest.

BTW, my suits/sportcoats from Belvest would never be mistaken for Hickey
Freeman, but they are not short and tight.

Sartoria Castangia? I think it is not the Sartoria I just mentioned.. Sartoria by Kiton? Are they different companies? 

Sartoria Castangia and Partenopea are two very good brands. It is not the Sartoria you mentioned.

Castangia is one of the oldest tailoring houses if not the oldest in Italy. Partenopea was started by ex-Kiton tailors.

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
errrrr.. OK. Thank you. But what is Sartoria by Kiton? What is the relationship between this company and Kiton. I just ordered a RTW suit from Ede&ravenscroft. Do you think they make good suits? The suit is cut from lightweight super 140s merino wool hopsack and is fully canvassed.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

errrrr.. OK. Thank you. But what is Sartoria by Kiton? What is the relationship between this company and Kiton. I just ordered a RTW suit from Ede&ravenscroft. Do you think they make good suits? The suit is cut from lightweight super 140s merino wool hopsack and is fully canvassed. 

Sartoria is a different line than Kiton and is owned by Kiton. It is aimed at a younger audience.

sorry but never heard of Ede & Ravenscroft.

socrates

Reaction score
errrrr.. OK. Thank you. But what is Sartoria by Kiton? What is the relationship between this company and Kiton. I just ordered a RTW suit from Ede&ravenscroft. Do you think they make good suits? The suit is cut from lightweight super 140s merino wool hopsack and is fully canvassed.
They are a fine English Company. If the suit fits, wear it in good health.

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
In addition, could you tell me your view of Sartoria by Kiton? Can this brand compare with Ermenegildo Zegna mainline?

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
Yep, I study in England now. But some people in this forum seem to have prejudice against English brand.. What do you think?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are a fine English Company.  If the suit fits, wear it in good health.

Ede and Ravenscroft make very English looking suits. Sartoria by Kiton, Sartoria Partenopea make very Neapolitan looking suits.
As for Zegna, they offer many variations in style in many models and price points all of which look Italian to me.

http://parisiangentleman.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ede-and-ravenscroft.jpg.

http://www.sartoriapartenopea.it/sartoria-italiana/4022/lt_1/completo-uomo/napoli/

Last edited:

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
Does Sartoria Castangia have diffusion lines? I saw some suits are insanely cheap on Yoox Chinese website...only about 650 us dollars.. It seems odd that the same product is over 950 US dollars on the Yoox English website.

Last edited:

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
Does Sartoria Castangia have diffusion lines? I saw some suits are insanely cheap on Yoox Chinese website...only about 650 us dollars.. It seems odd that the same product is over 950 US dollars on the Yoox English website. Besides, the fact is the price of all kinds of high end products in China is always much higher than the price in Europe or USA. I checked the price again, one suit would finally costs only 450 us dollars based on additional discount? Are they diffusion lines like Luciano Barbera club lines?

CHIANGCC

Reaction score
Does Sartoria Castangia have diffusion lines? I saw some suits are so cheap on Yoox Chinese website...only about 650 us dollars.. It seems odd that the same product is over 950 US dollars on the Yoox English website. Because the fact is the price of all kinds of high end products in China is always much higher than the price in Europe or USA. I checked the price again, one suit would finally costs only 450 us dollars based on additional discount? Are they diffusion lines like Luciano Barbera club lines?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics