• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gym wear

atroopan

Reaction score
I'm also a bit of a gym rat, and I usually can be found wearing one of my six underarmour loose fit heat gear t-shirts and one of three lululemon kung fu pants.

I also have a pair of lululemon shorts that I use for spinning and yoga when I feel like checking out the gurls
blush.gif

One girl actually told me that she didn't realize lululemon made clothing for guys. I don't think it was a compliment. But she was fat so... I'm gonna have to say she was just jealous.
boxing[1].gif

troop

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'm suprised he didn't say it was David Barton in Chelsea, which often has the steam room and saunas closed for "inappropriate behaviour on account of other guests."

David Barton, huh? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a looooong time.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised he didn't say it was David Barton in Chelsea, which often has the steam room and saunas closed for "inappropriate behaviour on account of other guests."

They're testing the gym's slogan, "Look Better Naked"!

cbsteven

Reaction score
When I can motivate myself to go to the gym, I just wear a simply white adidas wicking shirt, and some black running shorts. White socks, and some ratty running shoes I've had for years. Simple, but looks fine.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
I do not like the new kind of athletic clothing. It just looks too much SF to me. Not Style Forum, but SF like Star Trek, etc. Too plastic, too "modern".
I like cotton. Nothing wrong with trying to look good at the gym, but I think you can do it also with nice cotton clothes. I know that they will not bring the sweat away from your body, but sweat does not disturb me as long as it does not smell, and my cotton t-shorts do not start smelling after only one or two hours of exercise.
Of course, I know that am just old fashioned, but I am perfectly happy with that.

FYI, most of the people with B.O. can't smell their own B.O. so while you work out drenched in sweat, it is quite possible that you do in fact smell. Maybe you don't have BO, I wouldn't know since I haven't worked out next to you. But the real test... Get on a treadmill or elliptical and see if someone uses the machine next to you for 5 minutes or less and goes to a different machine, far from you. I've had to do that countless of times. So has my girlfriend. It's hilarious when the gym is crowded and there are no other machines to go to and she recounts the story of how she wanted to throw up in the middle of her work out.

The main culprits? Hairy white guys drenched in their all cotton work out gear. Sure cotton is "breathable," but it's also one of the most absorbent fabrics. Dry fit goes a long way. Might not work if one suffers from BO though.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of David Barton Gyms, here's a shot of my t-shirt:

dscn0348ko8.jpg

dscn0350fg6.jpg

xkmasada

Reaction score
If it's the days when I'm on the eliptical, I put on an Under Armour form-fitting top, and a headband. I don't care how dorky it looks - I can't stand getting sweat in my eyes.

If it's the days when I'm lifting weights, any cotton t-shirt will do, preferably sleeveless ones. Lately, I've been getting pleasant conversation wearing dri-fit t-shirts from Chute Boxe, my favorite Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu team. The implication being that I might be able to bench press as much as you, but I know enough martial arts to kick your ass.
tounge.gif
Some of the latinos at my gym wear soccer t-shirts from their favorite Brazillian/Argentine/etc. teams, and that looks really cool.

For bottoms, I use mid-length poly shorts, half way between soccer shorts and basketball shorts. Overly short shorts leave disgusting sweat marks on the workout equipment, while overly long shorts make you look like a midget.

Basic black Reeboks do the job for me, although I've been eyeing the Brooks Beast gate-control running shoe. Slim Pumas look nice, but I don't think they're very good for running.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to 2nd Dry-Fit

I tend to wear dry-fit T-shirts or dry-fit sleeveless by nike or adidas. The nike ones tend to be hug the body more and the adidas tend to be looser.

Shorts - almost always - length ranges from knee level to 1.5 inches below the knee, I wouldn't want it any shorter or any longer.

No jewellery or headbands for me.

jamiemcp

Reaction score
I tend to wear a merino wool tshirt, a pair of above the knee running shorts over a pair of skins compresion shorts, my worn out running shoes (i run a lot and replace my shoes at least every 6 months) and what ever socks are handy. I have been known to wear old race t-shirts but I dont realy like synthetic fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads