Gym wear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by StyleFan, Aug 14, 2007.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I tend to wear random T-shirts that I get free from vendors and Champion C9 shorts...

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

I tend to wear random T-shirts that I get free from vendors and Champion C9 shorts...

+1. Free t-shirts with sleeves cut off and random knee-length athletic shorts do it for me.

3. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I am a bit of a gym rat. I wear gym shorts of long gym pants and a cotton tee. I ususally wear older cotton tees I picked up free at some race or other event. If one is at the gym for the correct purpose, one ought not be focused on appearance. Get in, lift heavy, go home, eat. Repeat as necessary.

4. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I think it naive to believe that people, especially women, don't notice the sartorial choices made while at the gym, on the slopes, track, bike path, tennis courts, etc....... I put as much thought into choosing my athletic wear as I do any other area of my wardrobe. Why give short shrift to athletic wear?

I do. I'm sweating, I'm grunting, I'm working out...pairing a lovely lavendar tank top with my new cream-striped navy workout shorts (and don't forget the coordinating socks!) just isn't going to make much difference. Besides, women generally freak out (internally, sometimes externally) when men approach them at the gym, so it's not a pickup spot anyway.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Are you a homosexual?

We're not saying gay any more?[​IMG]

6. katon

katon Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with cotton drawstring shorts and an A-shirt. Works fine, look good. If you want to mix it up, just play with the colors.

7. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Besides, women generally freak out (internally, sometimes externally) when men approach them at the gym, so it's not a pickup spot anyway.
    My Chicago gym is a meet-market with some pretty aggressive females. While my NYC gym only recently allowed women to use the facilities, requiring swim trunks to be worn in the pool.[​IMG]

8. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

My Chicago gym is a meet-market with some pretty aggressive females.

Thank goodness, it isn't a meat market.

9. Pariolino

Pariolino Senior member

I think it naive to believe that people, especially women, don't notice the sartorial choices made while at the gym, on the slopes, track, bike path, tennis courts, etc....... I put as much thought into choosing my athletic wear as I do any other area of my wardrobe. Why give short shrift to athletic wear?

Are you a homosexual?

Don't get excited.

My Chicago gym is a meet-market with some pretty aggressive females. While my NYC gym only recently allowed women to use the facilities, requiring swim trunks to be worn in the pool.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. boo

boo Senior member

I don't know if it's still common, but I recall always seeing guys with a flannel long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up, sweats, and timberland boots. WTF is that supposed to be about?

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

[​IMG]

I'm suprised he didn't say it was David Barton in Chelsea, which often has the steam room and saunas closed for "inappropriate behaviour on account of other guests."

12. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

[​IMG]
    Well, it was a century old tradition which was common to all the great athletic clubs. BTW, if you've a problem viewing naked men it's best not to get involved in sports.

13. Pariolino

Pariolino Senior member

Well, it was a century old tradition which was common to all the great athletic clubs. BTW, if you've a problem viewing naked men it's best not to get involved in sports.
    Whatever you say Tommy Trombone [​IMG].

14. jsherman02

jsherman02 Senior member

I have a good relationship with Nike and receive certain items for free. Why I do not try to be overly matchy-matchy, I like the new technology of athletic clothing. I am not a fan of having my t shirt stick to me like I just jumped in a pool with it on.

To each his own.

I like looking appropriate. Cut off t shirts and old nasty sweatpants do not cut it for me.

And no, I am not gay either. [​IMG]

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Well, it was a century old tradition which was common to all the great athletic clubs.

At said Bath Houses men also enjoyed the sexual company of other men (or young boys).