• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
They are boxed and sitting in the safe waiting for her.
....and I may borrow her guns them from time to time....
bigstar[1].gif

Regards.

I highly recommend the M&P 15-22.

If I can guarantee one thing, it is that you will find it to be nothing short of fun to play with. It's one of the few firearms where I feel let down, if I don't fire atleast 300-400 rounds in a setting.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want the Sig P238 for carry. Also, I love how it seems like most of this thread is from Houston

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
You bought your 7 year old child a handgun?

Hah, my son is due at the end of the month and already has a lever-action .22LR in the safe! That doesn't mean he will be allowed to shoot it any time soon.

Houston summer is coming so I'm putting away the CZ82 and planing to return to the .38 for daily pocket carry.

I also recently got a new vehicle, and am having trouble securing my car lockbox to anything more secure than the seat rails.

J, that Boberg looks interesting. I know nothing about it or them. Is it in production?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Yes gnatty8, she also has a Rem 1100 28ga Sporting, a Beretta O/U 20/28ga 2bbl combo for shotguns.
The only one she can shoot will be the .410 Rossi Single shot break open with me at the clays range. The rest she will grow into, and more importantly after she has spent a few years learning to respect a firearm. They are boxed and sitting in the safe waiting for her.
....and I may borrow her guns them from time to time....
bigstar[1].gif

Regards.

laugh.gif
worship.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
J, that Boberg looks interesting. I know nothing about it or them. Is it in production?

I'm not sure but it has been reviewed by some people. I didn't look into it very far but I can't find one to buy.

Came here to post this, pretty cool invention:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

http://www.safetybullet.com/

Basically, a fake cartridge that, when "fired", safely locks up the action of the gun so it can't be fired again until the device is reset with a tap from a rod. You load one or two, and anyone who doesn't know about it will fire the first or second one. If you need to use the gun, you rack the slide once or twice to get to a real cartridge and you're ready to go. Pretty smart.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless your adrenaline is pumping and you forget to clear the chamber. Seems like a remarkably bad (and unnecessary) idea, IMO.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To each his own. I wouldn't use it personally but if I had kids running around I would definitely consider it. Nice to have the option.

Have you seen the system where you wear a magnetic ring and parts are put into the gun that require the ring to use it? Also kind of cool. Ayoob talks about it in one of his books and said he uses it when he has little kids around the house.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
To each his own. I wouldn't use it personally but if I had kids running around I would definitely consider it. Nice to have the option.

Have you seen the system where you wear a magnetic ring and parts are put into the gun that require the ring to use it? Also kind of cool. Ayoob talks about it in one of his books and said he uses it when he has little kids around the house.

^

I was just about to post that! They have a website, I believe. Last time I looked they didn't make anything for my handguns, though.

Not my cup of tea, either (I have a full-size gunsafe, beside the bed handgun safe and an in-car lock box), but the more safety options available to met individual needs the better, I say!

Joe Cool

Reaction score
By a stroke of good fortune I happened to be walking into a Minnesota Weapons Collector gun show right behind Mr Boberg back in the spring of 2008 and I had a chance to handle one of his prototype pistols up close and personal at the weapon check-in table. Really a neat, revolutionary concept for a pocket pistol and VERY cool. I believe there are now some of these on the street but you have to pre order your pistol and there is a waiting list...no word on how long though!

Originally Posted by j
Originally Posted by JustinW
J, that Boberg looks interesting.

I know nothing about it or them. Is it in production? I'm not sure but it has been reviewed by some people. I didn't look into it very far but I can't find one to buy.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, my problem is that the Safety Bullet provides an illusion of safety - but if you have kids and keep a bedside (or wherever) gun unsecured, you're being horribly irresponsible.

The safety bullet can't take the place of a handgun safe (which is the only possible use, IMO) - what if the kid racks the slide, as they've seen done in countless video games and movies?

legit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Need to take my LCP to the gun show this weekend and sell it. I think I'm done w/ trying to find the pocket gun that works for me and my big hands.

Figured out I could carry a full-size Glock IWB without terrible printing, I'm sure a baby Glock (or similar) would work under just a t-shirt. In the event I bother to get my CHL.

Do you HAPPEN to live in Austin or Houston TX?

I may want it (as long as it's not one of the problematic ones
tongue.gif
)

legit

Reaction score
Dallas, unfortunately.
Yeah, probably not worth driving to Dallas for. The one I saw today was $300, I don't know the standard going price? Maybe I'll go all out and get the two-tone. (I think this was $350-380 range)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
See, my problem is that the Safety Bullet provides an illusion of safety - but if you have kids and keep a bedside (or wherever) gun unsecured, you're being horribly irresponsible.

The safety bullet can't take the place of a handgun safe (which is the only possible use, IMO) - what if the kid racks the slide, as they've seen done in countless video games and movies?

That is why you can put two safety bullets in, one in the chamber, one in the top of the mag, and when kid or badguy racks the slide, he chambers another safety bullet, thus locking up the gun if he tries to shoot it. Of course I agree with you, but I think it's a good option for, e.g., people who don't lock up their guns because they don't expect anyone to come snooping, or sometimes lock them, or whatever. In any case, it's good to have options IMO. Obviously it doesn't replace good discipline.

i10casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by legit
Any comments on the Sig P238 (vs P232)? I haven't shot one before or heard much about them.

I haven't shot one but dry fired at the shot show. They are very similar. The shape may be the only difference.
I think the big difference b/t a Sig and a bursa is the trigger. It is just so smooth on the Sig Saur.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads