• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FN FS2000...

fn_f2000_3.jpg

Makes a P90 look like a sissy *****.

CrocsRock

Reaction score
Fabrique Nationale should probably stop having some of their guns making other guns they produce look like sissy bitches. Seems like it'd be bad for business. I shall alert them immediately.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Were you against the S&W boycott for some reason? I can't remember exactly what it was about now, but at the time I totally supported it.
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
They entered into an agreement with HUD which contained provisions that were rather distasteful to the vigorous gun rights activist. It has been quite some time and they have not generally abided by the HUD agreement as it was believed that HUD would never enforce it. The only provision they DID implement was to put integral locks on most of their handguns. I admit that I was one that supported the boycott ... and to this day, all my S&Ws have been pre-HUD. I would like a 686 Plus but am waiting to find one on the used market without the integral lock. I don't think I hold the HUD agreement against S&W any more, but I refuse to buy a gun with an integral lock ...which, by some accounts of defensive training instructors, can lock up at inopportune times.
Yes, I was against the boycott. This was primarily because most of the people 'on the ground' in the boycott effort really had no idea what the issues were, other than that Smith 'caved' into the administration du jour. But they had no idea what the provisions of the agreement actually were -- it was common then to say that Smith Authorized Dealers agreed not to sell at gun shows. No, they agreed not to sell at gun shows where buyers were not passing the legally required background checks. As if you can legally buy a handgun without a NICS check. If people want to be upset about that, fine, but that's Brady, not Smith. To me, it was just an example of the classic American political method that I find so distasteful -- you can get anything done by whipping people into a frenzy, and the less they understand, the better, as the more frenzied they are for you. Smith was fighting for its existence at the time, and people were out there at the shows saying "Smith and Wesson Must Die." I was pretty pissed. I believe the agreement went away when Smith was sold again, so that is no longer in force (and there were provisions I was angry about). Most of my Smiths are pre-lock guns, but that's just because the ones I collect were made in an earlier period. I am not a fan of the locks. Like most other gun safety measures they rely on people not being idiots, which more and more these days is becoming a tall order. Ace -- I have the 8-shot PC 686 with the slab barrel (the one with the removable weights under the barrel), pre lock. Find that puppy if you can, PC FTW! Put a Leupold Gilmore dot on there and it is very fine indeed. ~ H

Kengs

Reaction score
i am never getting rid of my S&W N-frames or my vintage K-22; they are just too damn nice.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Any of you folks interested in the MSAR AUG clone?

Got this email from CDNN today:

MSAR
MicroTec STG-556 · 223 · 16" Barrel · Black · 9" Rail · 1-10rd Mag
NO OPTIC · New · $400 BELOW COST!
#MSAR2001RRH16 $999.99 + FREE SHIPPING!

Price is good until Nov 19.

Link to MSAR STG556 website.

Note that the CDNN guns are NOT the latest E4 model (the ones that take AR mags). The CDNN guns will only take AUG mags. That said, this is quite a discount from the usual going rate for these rifles. I gotta admit, I'm sorely tempted and I have enough 5.56 rifles as it is ....

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Note that the CDNN guns are NOT the latest E4 model (the ones that take AR mags). The CDNN guns will only take AUG mags. That said, this is quite a discount from the usual going rate for these rifles. I gotta admit, I'm sorely tempted and I have enough 5.56 rifles as it is ....

Do you know if it is the older Austeyr F-88 style with the x1.5 integral scope or the newer one with a rail? I'm pretty sure they added a bolt hold open as well.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It should be this model (based on the model number) - no integral scope, just a rail. I want, but I think I'll wait until I luck into enough cash for a real Steyr now that they're available again.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kengs
i am never getting rid of my S&W N-frames or my vintage K-22; they are just too damn nice.

Yeah, my kind of guns too. I hate all this plastic stuff!

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I want, but I think I'll wait until I luck into enough cash for a real Steyr now that they're available again.

I also heard that Steyr is going to reintroduce the AUG in US-parts configuration. Does anyone know when it's gonna be out?

jjgold

Reaction score
I just kinda stumbled on this topic.

Home Defense= 12 GA Shotgun! Any of the exotic (Saiga) or Usual (Remington 870) will do just fine. Also as the bad guy was making his way through your dark house if at night, there is a distinct sound the racking of a twelve gauge makes. This should make them have to consider the consequences. Use a bird shot so it will not penetrate through walls and you will not kill your neighbors or their children.

If you must have a pistol for home defense why not a nice 357. I prefer the Smith and Wesson627 in the standard or Performance Cntr model. It shoots 8 instead of 6 rounds. The N frame guns shoot full magnum loads like 22 hence the heft of a bigger gun. The 357 round has a stopping efficiency of something like 97% on the first shot.

My 9MM is fun at the range and to occasionally CCW but for home defense I believe there are better choices.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
I was thinking of making a Remington 870 my first gun purchase, as I've recently picked up trapshooting. Unfortunately my money is going towards other things right now, probably for the better.

I've recently gotten the trapp & skeet bug myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads