• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson Footmaster Recommendations

Infinite42

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a new member that has been reading the forum for a little over a month. There are currently seven pairs of Grenson Footmasters in my size on ebay from one seller, so I was hoping for some opinions as to which pair (or possibly two) would be most appropriate for me. I'm a new law school graduate (bar exam concluded just yesterday, thank goodness) and have a few interviews in the near future, so I am looking for shoes for those, as well as for every day at the office. I should also note that I am a size 8.5E in AE. Thanks in advance to those offering any kind of opinion. Here is the link to the seller's auctions:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZ2...onshoesQQhtZ-1

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The captoes and brogues in black should be fine for interviews or work. The darker browns might work depending on the environment of your firm. I would say that 95GBP is not a great deal for Grenson footmasters and the seller's claim that they retail for 250GBP is definitely inflated.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infinite42
Hello everyone, I am a new member that has been reading the forum for a little over a month. There are currently seven pairs of Grenson Footmasters in my size on ebay from one seller, so I was hoping for some opinions as to which pair (or possibly two) would be most appropriate for me. I'm a new law school graduate (bar exam concluded just yesterday, thank goodness) and have a few interviews in the near future, so I am looking for shoes for those, as well as for every day at the office. I should also note that I am a size 8.5E in AE. Thanks in advance to those offering any kind of opinion. Here is the link to the seller's auctions:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZ2...onshoesQQhtZ-1

good shoes, roughly equivalent to AE. but in my experience, i would go down a full size, not a half size. fyi, black dress shoes should be the only choice for law firm interviews.

the seller appears to be engaged in some puffing. footmasters used to retail around 130-170 gbp.

Infinite42

Reaction score
Thanks, I had no conception of how much these retailed for. I have a pair of serviceable AEs for interviews, so I'm in no rush to settle on anything just yet.

Infinite42

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
good shoes, roughly equivalent to AE. but in my experience, i would go down a full size, not a half size.
Also, is this in regards to Grensons in particular?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it varies. I go down a half size between my US AE size and my UK Grenson size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads