• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the tail end of a week long Canadian trip with my wife. It felt nice to throw on the GS loafers after 5 days in hiking shoes and sandals.

D6B5F530-7D09-4669-817D-6E58A495FCAC.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What an awesome day today was, we went to Michigan to pick up a new puppy but before wife and I did that, we had a wonderful lunch with Josh, Parker and Lydia from Grant Stone. Randy Gilmore showed up towards the end of the lunch (he was playing golf) and if anyone reading this doubts the sincerity, commitment to quality and knowledge of the GS folks, don't doubt them. These guys KNOW shoes/boots and what it takes to build a company the right way. Those are our feet in Josh' picture. I know I had a great time, and honestly could have stayed a lot longer and talked the afternoon away about footwear, but I knew wife was anxious to go get the dog. Here is a pix of Parker (L), me (fat old guy-middle) and Josh (right) in the parking lot outside the Country Club in Michigan standing behind my GTI. Also a pix of the new puppy, because what is a shoe thread without a picture of dogs. Rumor has it there are some really cool GS products coming down the pike.
IMG_7796.jpeg
IMG_7081.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lunch or the dog, just wondering.............
G8iLUv.png

I occasionally toy with the idea of popping down to Xiamen on one of my Asia trips. I was flying to Bangkok a few weeks ago and they showed it on the in-flight map - lol. Looks like a cool city.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What an awesome day today was, we went to Michigan to pick up a new puppy but before wife and I did that, we had a wonderful lunch with Josh, Parker and Lydia from Grant Stone. Randy Gilmore showed up towards the end of the lunch (he was playing golf) and if anyone reading this doubts the sincerity, commitment to quality and knowledge of the GS folks, don't doubt them. These guys KNOW shoes/boots and what it takes to build a company the right way. Those are our feet in Josh' picture. I know I had a great time, and honestly could have stayed a lot longer and talked the afternoon away about footwear, but I knew wife was anxious to go get the dog. Here is a pix of Parker (L), me (fat old guy-middle) and Josh (right) in the parking lot outside the Country Club in Michigan standing behind my GTI. Also a pix of the new puppy, because what is a shoe thread without a picture of dogs. Rumor has it there are some really cool GS products coming down the pike. View attachment 1209427 View attachment 1209428
Wyatt couldn’t make it?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
G8iLUv.png

I occasionally toy with the idea of popping down to Xiamen on one of my Asia trips. I was flying to Bangkok a few weeks ago and they showed it on the in-flight map - lol. Looks like a cool city.
That's one of the things that if you are in the "neighborhood", why not go!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just rotate Merrell mid-ankle boots and some Adidas runners for the trails.

Congrats on the new addition to your family.
Just was wondering, as am in need of something more serious than GS or Alden or AE Boots as heading out for some "real" hiking in the fall.

schweezly

Reaction score
Awesome you could make it out to see them. Wife and I are actually visiting Baroda next month for a night, but the schedule is so tight that I doubt we’d be able to swing anything.

Unless of course there’s some magical shoe sitting around in 9.5e that I have to have lol

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome you could make it out to see them. Wife and I are actually visiting Baroda next month for a night, but the schedule is so tight that I doubt we’d be able to swing anything.

Unless of course there’s some magical shoe sitting around in 9.5e that I have to have lol
My wife and I had a great time visiting with them and would do it again anytime, just such nice folks and so much fun to talk to.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've seen a little spike in sales, but it's going to be a slow steady seller for us. As we gain customers and more reviews, we hope to gain some traction and start attracting some of those who know they need wider widths. Even allow some of those who might not realize it yet, to jump into a wider width and let that foot spread.

We probably won't come out with the EEE loafers for a little while though.
Nothing has been set in stone with regards to a timeline.

Audog congrats on the puppy.

GS guys - This is great news. Which of your models are available in EEE? I went to the website and saw that one of the bluchers is offered in EEE - any others? I’ll be ordering a pair for sure!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads