• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm 2 hours south of Chicago, and no snow here today, just FREAKIN' Cold. They do have a tough job though and it's not like I don't have any other GS shoes/boots............

I wouldn't have thought that, we have had A LOT of snow and cold wind over the last 2 days (-6 tomorrow).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought that, we have had A LOT of snow and cold wind over the last 2 days (-6 tomorrow).
We had about 4 inches of snow on the ground, but it warmed up a bit over past weekend and we had rain, so very little snow left, just very cold and ice now. -6 is also forecast for our HIGH tomorrow, and that is cold anywhere.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm like a kid in a candy store!!!! They arrived just a couple of minutes ago. The Grant Stone Bourbon Suede Diesel boot!!!
IMG_4665.jpeg
IMG_4666.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4669.jpeg

neal_is_king

Reaction score
How can I get some suede boots??????!!!!!

I'm with you! If they start selling these, I will order immediately.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what to order next. I have Diesel in crimson & Ottawa in dune. I want to get a blucher, I'm considering the ivory suede, french calf black, navy chromexcel and saddle tan veg. I will wear them mainly with jeans and chinos, what do you guys think?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what to order next. I have Diesel in crimson & Ottawa in dune. I want to get a blucher, I'm considering the ivory suede, french calf black, navy chromexcel and saddle tan veg. I will wear them mainly with jeans and chinos, what do you guys think?
I have the saddle tan, in both soles, and the ivory suede. Ivory suede is a great summer shoe, the saddle tan work well with jeans or chinos any time of the year. I think you should get both ivory suede and saddle tan!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In all seriousness, the Oxfords are great shoes and would fill your needs. I have put the AE PA's away as the grant stone oxfords more than fill the bill when a dressy shoe is needed. As far as casual, as I said earlier the ivory suede is more of a "summer" shoe, but the saddle tan is awesome with jeans and chinos. You won't go wrong with any GS footwear.

neal_is_king

Reaction score
In all seriousness, the Oxfords are great shoes and would fill your needs. I have put the AE PA's away as the grant stone oxfords more than fill the bill when a dressy shoe is needed. As far as casual, as I said earlier the ivory suede is more of a "summer" shoe, but the saddle tan is awesome with jeans and chinos. You won't go wrong with any GS footwear.

Haha, I took your first reply quite seriously, and to be honest it wasn't too far off from my long term intentions. But in the interest of pacing myself, I'm going with just 1 pair for right now . I don't really have many occasions to wear the oxfords, I have a pair of AE strands that are well suited for the dressiest of occasions that normally come up in life (I'm a software engineer and I work remotely, so I don't really have any work considerations).

I was initially leaning heavily towards black, but I'm not sure I understand the proposition of these PTBs -- I think of black as a more formal shoe, but this is a decidedly informal style, right? How would black look with khaki or navy chinos or jeans? Out of place?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First observations on the Bourbon Suede Diesel boots. Wore them tonight to supper with wife, like EVERY GS boot/shoe I own, fit is spot on. Love the way my heel kind of "sucks" into the pocket as if it were being attracted via a magnet. Zero heel slip, arch support is just where it should be, toe room is good. The folks at GS got this Leo last really, really well done, some work must have gone into it, as it is damn near perfect. Suede is beautiful, could be called Snuff if another company, but there are so many variants of snuff that Bourbon was a good choice for a name. Construction Quality is what I have come to expect from GS. No stray threads, welt done with precision, and perfect. Nothing out of line, amiss or otherwise goofy, as often happens with a more expensive GYW brand from the upper midwest in the USA. Once again, GS has hit the ball out of the park with my Bourbon Diesel boots. The only thing that might have been better, if they had speed hook instead of all eyelets, but that is because I like speed hooks. After wearing them all evening, and looking at them a lot, I think the all eyelets adds to the look, and speed hooks may have been a detractor. Thank you GS for making these for me, and I am sure I will be after more product in the years to come!!!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, I took your first reply quite seriously, and to be honest it wasn't too far off from my long term intentions. But in the interest of pacing myself, I'm going with just 1 pair for right now . I don't really have many occasions to wear the oxfords, I have a pair of AE strands that are well suited for the dressiest of occasions that normally come up in life (I'm a software engineer and I work remotely, so I don't really have any work considerations).

I was initially leaning heavily towards black, but I'm not sure I understand the proposition of these PTBs -- I think of black as a more formal shoe, but this is a decidedly informal style, right? How would black look with khaki or navy chinos or jeans? Out of place?
Black would be a formal color of footwear, unless on a boot. If you are looking for a more casual, wear to the office when they have that mandatory meeting that no one wants to attend, type of footwear, then the saddle tan or a navy would be the bomb (so to speak). Either one will take you to the next level in IT (that's what I retired from).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads