• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blue123

Reaction score
Just picked up my first pair of Grant Stones coming in later this week. I have a few boots in the Alden Barrie/Truebalance lasts. I am reading the Leo is somewhere in their size range. What I'm also interested is in the color. I went with the Kangaroo Ottawa Boots shown below. Just curious other than dark and light blue denim, what other colors would these pair well with in terms of pants? I think Khakis is too light. How about dark green slacks etc?

20210730-1F7A9906-Edit_1728x.jpg

Waxed

Reaction score
Just picked up my first pair of Grant Stones coming in later this week. I have a few boots in the Alden Barrie/Truebalance lasts. I am reading the Leo is somewhere in their size range. What I'm also interested is in the color. I went with the Kangaroo Ottawa Boots shown below. Just curious other than dark and light blue denim, what other colors would these pair well with in terms of pants? I think Khakis is too light. How about dark green slacks etc?

20210730-1F7A9906-Edit_1728x.jpg
Olive/green slacks would pair wonderfully. If you like that khaki color, I would go darker like a tan.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Floyd last sizing figured out. My first pair of Brass boots I ordered 8.5D (same as Leo/Alexander/Oliver), way to much length and volume. Sized down to an 8D, length was good but way to narrow. Crimson Kudu Brass Boots in 8E came today, and the fit is great. I was surprised as I've only ever gone up a width on AE's 65 last. Glad I got the sizing down as there's atleast 3 more pairs of Brass Boots I want to add.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Chukkas? I've never owned anything with a Crepe sole before. How do they hold up? How are they when it's wet/slippery out? I'm considering getting a pair even though I don't love the looks of the Crepe sole. Thanks.

delmar

Reaction score
This was the fortune in my fortune cookie from brunch yesterday at the Chinese restaurant. I sense a new pair of Grant Stone shoes in my future. View attachment 2093899
Right after I posted this, I checked the GS B grades and snagged a pair of dune Diesels from what must've been a newly updated B grades list. I should use the lucky numbers on the back of the fortune to buy a lottery ticket!

basu13

Reaction score
Right after I posted this, I checked the GS B grades and snagged a pair of dune Diesels from what must've been a newly updated B grades list. I should use the lucky numbers on the back of the fortune to buy a lottery ticket!
Picked up a pair of dune Diesels myself in the B grade sale yesterday. Had been holding out for one to appear for what seems like ages. Grabbed one that appeared in my size as soon as I saw it yesterday. The Dune Diesels sell out especially fast.

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice. The tan captoe make-up is quite lovely. The calf leather from Annonay is especially beautiful and takes on patina wonderfully.
I dilly-dallied too long during the Black Friday (the looooong Friday) sale and they sold out. I was excited to see a pair pop on B-Grades tonight (wondering if some fussy fellow returned them...).

blue123

Reaction score
Question about GS's exchange program. I had to send my boots back for a different size. In other's experience how long is their turn around on exchanges? I have some holiday events next week and was hoping to have to boots by then, but not sure if it takes a while to process the exchanges.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads