• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

willy156

Reaction score
Ship with USPS no duty, but ups will duty the **** out of you.

Best if use a reship service if ur in Ontario or ship to border mail service and pick it up.

Declare on your way back to Canada and can dodge the expensive tax handling fee + tax.
Oh sweet! is the usps option a guarantee of no duties? I always thought that any value of over $20 CAD from the USA will end up being charged province tax + brokerage fee if any

Turbo Lax

Reaction score
Tried some new laces (light brown, flat waxed) in the Forest Kudu's. I really like the contrast in comparison to the laces they came with. Loving these Forest Kudu's!

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 110

Ben B

Reaction score
Those that prefer leather soles over all rubber (dainite, commando, etc), have you tried the wedge soles? Do they hurt your feet like rubber? Can you wear them all day like leather?
I have the Storm suede Diesels with the wedge sole and think they
are amazingly comfortable. i prefer the leather for aesthetics but don’t mind the GS dainties or the commando (have them all).

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh sweet! is the usps option a guarantee of no duties? I always thought that any value of over $20 CAD from the USA will end up being charged province tax + brokerage fee if any
No, it is not guaranteed, just less likey. Here are your choices with myself ordering to Canada from GS:

1. Ship USPS: Less likely hood of incurring import duty/taxes. However you are still very likely going to be charged taxes on the CDN$ total once converted from USD$, plus a $10 processing fee from Canada Post. Shipping takes between 2-4 weeks typically, could be longer.

2. Ship UPS: Guaranteed of incurring some sort of bill at the border. Likely will be the same taxes as USPS, but also ~$25CDN “brokerage fee” plus tax. I haven’t had duty be charged yet. Shipping takes ~1 week.

So TLDR: While USPS typically has a more of a chance to pass through without incurring taxes, you are still likely to get charged taxes for such a high declaration value. You in turn wait longer. UPS will guaranteed charge you taxes and a slightly higher brokerage fee, for getting the shoes to wear much much quicker and reliably.
Either way could charge you duty as it is not made in a NAFTA country, just imported. I have not had it happen, but have had taxes charged by both methods.

IMO I’d rather pay a slightly higher brokerage fee to get my boots/shoes faster than wait longer for the slim chance of saving probably $20-$40 lol

lfzhao5

Reaction score
To add more, if you can pick up from border, you save shipping cost too, which is 30 usd now, before it was 20.

So a pair of GS at retail can run up to over 700 CAD if you ship to your home address.

Which is INSANEEEE, you can find a pair of tricker's on sale from the bay for 400

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wedding season boys. Anyone need to refresh of their oxfords? Selling both my GS black cap toes and GS tan brogues for $300 plus shipping for the pair. 9.5e (fits 10d brannock).

Funny, I'm thinking of selling the exact same two pairs in size 10E and replacing them with the same thing in a larger size. If anyone's interested I'm happy to give you a deal.

I've recently discovered that I need a larger size since the Oliver runs closer to TTS.

@cprstyle Very intriguing comparison. That seems like a big variation between production runs.

whipcord

Reaction score
I'm thinking of dyeing my coffee suede longwings black. I love the shoes, I just don't love brown suede as it turns out. Has anybody ever dyed brown suede, or any suede, and had good success? Thinking either a much darker brown, waxing them with otter wax to darken, or just dyeing them black.

Last edited:

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I'm thinking of dyeing my coffee suede longwings black. I love the shoes, I just don't love brown suede as it turns out. Has anybody ever dyed brown suede, or any suede, and had good success? Thinking either a much darker brown, waxing them with otter wax to darken, or just dyeing them black.
Fiebings sell dye for suede. should be easy.

Attachments

• F9F890E9-2742-4113-B0C4-4C665BB8FB12.jpeg
    F9F890E9-2742-4113-B0C4-4C665BB8FB12.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 124

A12321

Reaction score
Just put in an order for 3 loafers. This is my first try with this brand.
Just an update here. Got the shoes and they were too small. In Carmina, I wear a 9.5 in Inca and 9.5EEE in Rain. In Myrqvist, I wear a 10. For Grant Stone, I ordered a 9E and could not even get my foot half way in. Ordered loafers. Will try them in 10E.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Just an update here. Got the shoes and they were too small. In Carmina, I wear a 9.5 in Inca and 9.5EEE in Rain. In Myrqvist, I wear a 10. For Grant Stone, I ordered a 9E and could not even get my foot half way in. Ordered loafers. Will try them in 10E.
Yea 9.5eee is 10.5eee in us size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads