• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

schweezly

Reaction score
Been a way a while. How do people the Chelsea’s to fit?

I know the standard is same size as Leo but I could never quite get Leo to fit. The outside of the toe box slopes in and chops my small toe on one foot no matter what size I got. I can make the loafers work though because they gave a little more upon break in

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did the Forest green Kudu and Brass boot become "available" in EEE? I have (available) in quotes because they are on the website but not in stock. Does this mean they are coming soon?

Also don't remember seeing the Edward boot or the Diesel boot in Earth either.

Bacharini

Reaction score

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Been a way a while. How do people the Chelsea’s to fit?

I know the standard is same size as Leo but I could never quite get Leo to fit. The outside of the toe box slopes in and chops my small toe on one foot no matter what size I got. I can make the loafers work though because they gave a little more upon break in

I'm interested to hear feedback on the Chelseas too.

Despite the impressive array of sizes, the Leo is challenging for me too. I can do an 8.5E pretty well, but still only with thinner socks due to width. The EEE is so crazy wide even dropping to a 7.5 its still too wide, and becomes too stiff and off in the heel-to-ball length, such that I walk weird and grind off the sole at the toe in short order. I ruined the leather sole on my veg tans in only one day and ended up having toe taps installed, which I hate. My foot just seems to slot perfectly in between the E and the EEE such that neither seems ideal, c'est la vie :violin:. I'll keep experimenting though! Oddly I can wear a Viberg 2030 or Parkhurst 602 perfectly with their standard widths.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Despite the impressive array of sizes, the Leo is challenging for me too. I can do an 8.5E pretty well, but still only with thinner socks due to width. The EEE is so crazy wide even dropping to a 7.5 its still too wide, and becomes too stiff and off in the heel-to-ball length, such that I walk weird and grind off the sole at the toe in short order. I ruined the leather sole on my veg tans in only one day and ended up having toe taps installed, which I hate. My foot just seems to slot perfectly in between the E and the EEE such that neither seems ideal, c'est la vie :violin:. I'll keep experimenting though! Oddly I can wear a Viberg 2030 or Parkhurst 602 perfectly with their standard widths.
This was exactly me as well…I fit between that E and EEE zone, however the difference between those two widths with GS is huge and not as subtle as other manufacturers. I didn’t measure anything, but just by way of my foot swimming in a shoe and being able to go down a full size in length while keeping the EEE width, the length becomes the issue. I ultimately kept sizing up in length with the E width until it was a good fit….which brought me to a TTS with my brannock measurements. I’ve been happy ever since.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5489.jpg
IMG_5488.jpg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Wyatt on the Stitchdown podcast:

This was fantastic - all GS fans should give a listen!

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I’m considering the GS Edward boot tan suede with crepe sole as my next purchase. I don’t have any boots with this sole and was wondering if anybody here could give me some feedback on the boots and about the crepe sole. Thank you.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m considering the GS Edward boot tan suede with crepe sole as my next purchase. I don’t have any boots with this sole and was wondering if anybody here could give me some feedback on the boots and about the crepe sole. Thank you.
Don't have the Edward boots with that sole, but do have
GS boots with crepe sole and it is very comfortable. If I were to have one pair of boots to take on, say a total tour of the Smithsonian Museum, I'd pick that sole over any other, it's that comfy to walk in.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Don't have the Edward boots with that sole, but do have
GS boots with crepe sole and it is very comfortable. If I were to have one pair of boots to take on, say a total tour of the Smithsonian Museum, I'd pick that sole over any other, it's that comfy to walk in.
Thanks dog…I’m also considering the Diesel tan suede with the vibram sole. Decisions, decisions ….the suede looks soooo nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads