• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey wow, this multiquote thing is amazing.

Thanks guys, I just wanted to be assured they are normal. I really do love them!

Thanks a lot for the picture! I think I've read about a million of your comments here and on reddit, your comments really help set my mind at ease.

Thanks audog :) I'll give that a shot. I think I am going to pull the trigger on these Ottawas
You are welcome, hope it works for you and you are going to love the Ottawa boots.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just wanted to be assured they are normal. I really do love them!
Here's the good news, they get better with time and wear. My Ottawas and Indys have about the same mileage, and both are sneaker-comfy for me, and have had many, many looong days...

Thanks a lot for the picture! I think I've read about a million of your comments here and on reddit, your comments really help set my mind at ease.
Glad they help - does make me think about how much time I spend on the internet - lol

Thanks audog :) I'll give that a shot. I think I am going to pull the trigger on these Ottawas
...and so it begins... ;)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going with one of my favorites this afternoon. Many of us have plenty of shoes and boots, does anyone else seem to reach for the same few pair 80-90% of the time, just because you really like them? I know I do and this is one of those pair. Saddle Tan Diesel boot.
IMG_4156.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going with one of my favorites this afternoon. Many of us have plenty of shoes and boots, does anyone else seem to reach for the same few pair 80-90% of the time, just because you really like them? I know I do and this is one of those pair. Saddle Tan Diesel boot. View attachment 1092612
I have to force myself away from the GS stuff because it's all so comfortable, but for me it's hard to justify a rotation if I don't rotate. So I work hard to diversify wears.

But my OG Crimson Ottawas are always beckoning from the shelf, as are the new-to-the-closet snuff Ottwas. And the Cognac PTBs...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to force myself away from the GS stuff because it's all so comfortable, but for me it's hard to justify a rotation if I don't rotate. So I work hard to diversify wears.

But my OG Crimson Ottawas are always beckoning from the shelf, as are the new-to-the-closet snuff Ottwas. And the Cognac PTBs...
I have no set rotation, but do have sufficient footwear to not wear any one pair TOO often during the course of a couple of weeks. Those snuff Ottawa's kick ass by the way!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Diesel boots are pretty tough. Last night while walking the dog, he spotted a rabbit and took off after it. Pulled me off my feet as toe of Diesel caught edge of sidewalk. I managed to abrade about 1/2 of my left eyebrow off and severely bruised left hand/wrist/fingers when I hit the pavement. I was more concerned with the boots as on the walk home with, blood running down my face, I looked at them and they looked pretty damaged. Brushing this morning revealed this, not much damage at all. Tougher than I was for sure.
IMG_4166.jpeg

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Diesel boots are pretty tough. Last night while walking the dog, he spotted a rabbit and took off after it. Pulled me off my feet as toe of Diesel caught edge of sidewalk. I managed to abrade about 1/2 of my left eyebrow off and severely bruised left hand/wrist/fingers when I hit the pavement. I was more concerned with the boots as on the walk home with, blood running down my face, I looked at them and they looked pretty damaged. Brushing this morning revealed this, not much damage at all. Tougher than I was for sure. View attachment 1093050

Audog!! You took a pretty serious spill man! I hope you're alright, it's brutal how quick those things happen... hope that ankle is alright

Recovery mode here for Christmas and New Year... Family, Food, Football, and Festivity... and maybe some medication

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang - be careful Audog!! Glad you're OK - the shoes get better with patina like that. Us, not so much... ;)

Drizzling and crap today, so boots that can handle it with aplomb...
zLgezMM.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Audog!! You took a pretty serious spill man! I hope you're alright, it's brutal how quick those things happen... hope that ankle is alright

Recovery mode here for Christmas and New Year... Family, Food, Football, and Festivity... and maybe some medication

Dang - be careful Audog!! Glad you're OK - the shoes get better with patina like that. Us, not so much... ;)

Drizzling and crap today, so boots that can handle it with aplomb...
zLgezMM.jpg
Thanks guys! I'm going to be ok, wife and her friend who both work at hospital doctored me up and said no need to go to ER, so bandage and some Tylenol was their professional advice. Couple Rum/Cokes didn't hurt either.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diesel boots are pretty tough. Last night while walking the dog, he spotted a rabbit and took off after it. Pulled me off my feet as toe of Diesel caught edge of sidewalk. I managed to abrade about 1/2 of my left eyebrow off and severely bruised left hand/wrist/fingers when I hit the pavement. I was more concerned with the boots as on the walk home with, blood running down my face, I looked at them and they looked pretty damaged. Brushing this morning revealed this, not much damage at all. Tougher than I was for sure. View attachment 1093050
Whoa that sounds scary! I hope you recover quickly.

neal_is_king

Reaction score

Woah! I try to watch my dog's ears and posture when we're walking in areas with a lot of rabbits, so far I've been able to brace myself for what's coming. She's a psycho every time we see them, I'm fully expecting to eat it at some point. Glad to hear you're alright and the worst thing that happened was you banged up your boots a little bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads