• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gold and silver. Discuss

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
37+ on Silver. Run baby runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Oh and I'm liking Palladium as well. It's a new one for me and so far so good.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice! I'm STILL trying to decide what I want ROFL. I'm probably overthinking all this. But am starting to think Silver Maples and 1/2 oz Buffalos are the way to go.

Looking forward to Obama/Bernanke ushering in an era of Zimbabwe style inflation.

Americans are so stupid, focusing on Michelle Obama and McDonalds, public sector unions, Charlie Sheen, I think I still have time this year to slowly build up a nice bullion stack.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Nice! I'm STILL trying to decide what I want ROFL. I'm probably overthinking all this. But am starting to think Silver Maples and 1/2 oz Buffalos are the way to go. Looking forward to Obama/Bernanke ushering in an era of Zimbabwe style inflation. Americans are so stupid, focusing on Michelle Obama and McDonalds, public sector unions, Charlie Sheen, I think I still have time this year to slowly build up a nice bullion stack.
I have a love hate relationship with stocks. LOL. I don't know. If you are in the black I guess it's a matter of deciding whether or not you want to flip into something else that's doing OK. I'll PM you on what I did over the weekend.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in the black, but my money is in oil services, which is far more dangerous than precious metals, at least in my warped opinion. I've decided to take my profits, just trying to figure out what kind of coins I want.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gold is lagging a bit. Stick with one ounce or better bars coins. Hit silver on a bump though waiting might not work since this is a pretty good run. Palladium could jump back to 800 in less than a week. It's the oddball and always has been.

Jasemin

Reaction score
Who cares what people think... If you like then wear it...
It is best to wear either silver or gold, unless I have a bridge piece like a watch that has both silver and gold tones in the same piece... I like to wear it...

mikeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Jasemin. Anyhow, better jump into some silver if you haven't done so. Looks like we are heading to 40 in no time. Ag was up over .40 overnight.
smile.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jasemin
Who cares what people think... If you like then wear it... It is best to wear either silver or gold, unless I have a bridge piece like a watch that has both silver and gold tones in the same piece... I like to wear it...
Excellent advice. I'll weld some anchor chain to a hundred ounce bar of Silver. I'm sure it will get much attention.
Originally Posted by mikeman
Thanks for the input Jasemin. Anyhow, better jump into some silver if you haven't done so. Looks like we are heading to 40 in no time. Ag was up over .40 overnight.
smile.gif

Yeah it's on a run but don't be surprised if a lot of profit taking goes on by the end of the week. I might pass on Silver Saturday and get a coin or two of Gold depending on the numbers.

mikeman

Reaction score
Crane's, yeah I wont be surprised either, however, at least we are moving north, so we don't have to be too afraid of dropping to those extreme lows that people had been speaking of.
Also, not new news, but the US mint must really be short on supply to ship out. The place that I order from emailed me saying that it was going to be a 3 week wait for the ASE to ship, and it was only 1 roll. People on the bay are paying like 45/oz for pretty much any type of bullion... its going to start getting crazy imo.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crane's, yeah I wont be surprised either, however, at least we are moving north, so we don't have to be too afraid of dropping to those extreme lows that people had been speaking of. Also, not new news, but the US mint must really be short on supply to ship out. The place that I order from emailed me saying that it was going to be a 3 week wait for them to ship. People on the bay are paying like 45/oz for pretty much any type of bullion... its going to start getting crazy imo.
You need to hook up with my dealer as well. He always has stock and his margins are the best in the biz. A few examples. 10 ounce bar of Silver will cost you ten bucks over spot. 10 ounce bar of gold will be 50 over spot. It'll be a Suisse Pamp BTW. Silver Eagles about 3 over spot. Nondescript 999 fine silver rounds a buck over spot. Buy backs on the stuff with premiums is good as well.

mikeman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
You need to hook up with my dealer as well. He always has stock and his margins are the best in the biz. A few examples. 10 ounce bar of Silver will cost you ten bucks over spot. 10 ounce bar of gold will be 50 over spot. It'll be a Suisse Pamp BTW. Silver Eagles about 3 over spot. Nondescript 999 fine silver rounds a buck over spot. Buy backs on the stuff with premiums is good as well.

Wow, thats awesome. PM details please? Also, do you have any 1 oz silver Suisse Pamp bars you would maybe sell? I have wanted to get my hands on one, but premiums on them are OUTRAGEOUS!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats awesome. PM details please? Also, do you have any 1 oz silver Suisse Pamp bars you would maybe sell? I have wanted to get my hands on one, but premiums on them are OUTRAGEOUS!
Don't have any of them and probably won't get any. I'll buy Eagles but most of my Silver is in Engelhard 100 or 10 ounce bars and junk coins. I like to buy as close to spot as possible. PM inbound.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by olualbert
Finally, folks are starting to see what's going on....amazing
Care to elaborate on that a bit, it's a mighty broad statement.

olualbert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Care to elaborate on that a bit, it's a mighty broad statement.

A few months back, I was elaborating on the importance of getting into precious metals( fxxk the ETFs, Im talking about physical)---mainly silver and gold. Unfortunately enough, I have some clowns who has not done their research telling me I was talking nonsense...before we know it, the state of Utah has confirmed silver and gold as a form of legal tender.

Now, what do I think? **** will start to go downhill from here.....other states are already wanting to back their currency on precious metals. I do have physical gold in my possession and I continue to buy on a monthly basis, but I can not wait to hit silver heavy, because when **** hit the roof, people are gonna be looking for silver and there will be no silver available.

My constraints of not acquiring silver is that fact that I work overseas as I wanted the US 1 oz silver coins. When I do come home, Im gonna hit it hard. I dont give a hoote if it is 50 dollars an ounce because I am pretty sure where this is going. Is climbing through the roof, mark my words.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads