• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to gym

Francisco

Reaction score
Hi there! I know this is irrelevant to clothing but I would really like to know about this. How many of you here actually go to gym to work out to maintain a good shape in order to look good on your clothes.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francisco
Hi there! I know this is irrelevant to clothing but I would really like to know about this. How many of you here actually go to gym to work out to maintain a good shape in order to look good on your clothes.
both . mainly to look good in my clothes, but the maintain good health is sort of incidental.

ColumbiaKai

Reaction score
I do it more to look good out of clothes. If I also look good in clothes, that's a bonus.
smile.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's an entire forum for this sort of discussion. You would likely get your answer there.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squat heavy brah.

Lovellum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ColumbiaKai
I do it more to look good out of clothes. If I also look good in clothes, that's a bonus.
smile.gif

+1. This is the real reason men should work out.

Exit English

Reaction score
When you are in shape, all clothes look better on you, even cheap stuff. I am not in the best of shape but I have recently started going to the gym at least 4 days a week and Ive noticed a huge difference in how all my clothes now look.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The benefits of going to the gym far outweigh the potential injury risks if you know what you're doing.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
I go regularly, few things help clothes look good as well as a slender figure. However, the primary reason is that I just feel better overall if I excercise regularly.
EZ

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're serious it's better in the long run to get your own setup. If you have the room a fairly serious setup will cost not too much and will last forever. Bonus nobody doing curls in the squat rack.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for the gym/staying fit. I've just let my membership expire actually, but only because I'm running a marathon in April next year and gym work can only help so much with that.

But I do it mostly to feel good, as there is nothing better than the ol runners high! Looking good in clothes and out is certainly a good bonus though.

B|aze

Reaction score
First I did it to loose weight, but now I keep it up to look good og strengthen my body. Gonna pay off when I get older.

HedgeFundHotSHot

Reaction score
How many of you here actually go to gym to work out to maintain a good shape in order to look good on your clothes.
I don't normally lie on top of my clothes when i'm inviting someone on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics