• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
An oxford shirt and tie with no jacket is not a good look. Look into cotton/linen blends.

joshualim90

Reaction score
How does MyHabit.com source for such cheap GBV and GB? I just got a shirt for only $20. Can someone enlighten me?

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Anyone seen/handled or have the GBV all white seersucker......Cant find a decent pic.

Thoughts ?

Thanks

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm done with Gitman. I've had enough of the poorly sewn buttons, inconsistent (to the extreme) sizing, absurdly long shirttails, and enough extra room in the back to house a goddamn family.

Club Monaco makes a better shirt cut then Gitman for crying out loud, despite the family's "long years of shirtmaking experience".

I kept the buying the shirts a) because it was the only remotely quality option in my area (I don't order blindly online anymore) and b) the fabrics are pretty awesome (some of the best quality fabric out there, I'll give them that). But now that I've found an alternative (check United Stock Dry Goods shirts, they blow Gitman out of the water in the fit department) I'm not spending another dollar on these billowing overpriced wrecks.

I've got an extensive collections of larges (ugh, all that wasted cash) so if you're interested in a size large Gitman firesale PM me.

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I'm done with Gitman. I've had enough of the poorly sewn buttons, inconsistent (to the extreme) sizing, absurdly long shirttails, and enough extra room in the back to house a goddamn family.

Club Monaco makes a better shirt cut then Gitman for crying out loud, despite the family's "long years of shirtmaking experience".

I kept the buying the shirts a) because it was the only remotely quality option in my area (I don't order blindly online anymore) and b) the fabrics are pretty awesome (some of the best quality fabric out there, I'll give them that). But now that I've found an alternative (check United Stock Dry Goods shirts, they blow Gitman out of the water in the fit department) I'm not spending another dollar on these billowing overpriced wrecks.

I've got an extensive collections of larges (ugh, all that wasted cash) so if you're interested in a size large Gitman firesale PM me.

I find buttons popping off to happen to me across all brands. More-so with the cheaper ones. Maybe I'm wearing smaller sizes than I should, haha.

I find Gitman fits better when I'm at my most fit but can be uncomfortable when I'm getting lazy. I almost never pay full retail and I think you shouldn't write off the brand entirely but if you feel strongly about it then I understand. I'll be sure to check out United Stock Dry Goods based on your recommendation.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone seen/handled or have the GBV all white seersucker......Cant find a decent pic.

Thoughts ?

Thanks

Haven't handled that shirt specifically but I found the Gitman seersucker disappointing because it wasn't nearly as lightweight and summery as I was expecting it to be. Has anyone handled any Gitman Seersuckers that are a true light summer weight?

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Haven't handled that shirt specifically but I found the Gitman seersucker disappointing because it wasn't nearly as lightweight and summery as I was expecting it to be. Has anyone handled any Gitman Seersuckers that are a true light summer weight?

Agree, was at Barneys and felt it and did not even bother trying it on it is just too heavy. There summer oxfords and sea island cottons are nice though. Light weight seersucker is wounderfull thing, have two in silk (I know) and was/am still looking for ones in Cotton also.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, what kind of summer are you talking about? Here in Atlanta, nothing is really "summer weight" to be honest, everything will be sweat soaked either way.

That said, I wear my cherry print seersucker shirt a lot when I work outside and it's noticeably lighter than any other shirt I own. Airy and light, but by no means a solution to heat.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean, what kind of summer are you talking about? Here in Atlanta, nothing is really "summer weight" to be honest, everything will be sweat soaked either way.

That said, I wear my cherry print seersucker shirt a lot when I work outside and it's noticeably lighter than any other shirt I own. Airy and light, but by no means a solution to heat.

I suppose it's all subjective. I just found the seersucker shirt I used to own unsuitable for 80-90+ degree summer weather in NYC. I now have a RRL shirt that looks very similar buts noticeably cooler.

I considered summer fabrics to be lightweight cotton or linen that's thin enough to be breezy not to the point of being see-through. Everyone is different though and has a different tolerance for heat and fabrics.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in 90-100 heat in long sleeves and pants (rather be hotter than have to deal with the sun and bugs) so I probably just have a higher tolerance for heat. Really 80-90 degree there's not much that will be comfortable outside of a lightweight t-shirt. I've never been completely comfortable and happy in any sort of seersucker or linen or madras (though they are amazing on breezy days, but we don't get much of that here), so I've pretty much given up on finding "summer" shirts.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I work in 90-100 heat in long sleeves and pants (rather be hotter than have to deal with the sun and bugs) so I probably just have a higher tolerance for heat. Really 80-90 degree there's not much that will be comfortable outside of a lightweight t-shirt. I've never been completely comfortable and happy in any sort of seersucker or linen or madras (though they are amazing on breezy days, but we don't get much of that here), so I've pretty much given up on finding "summer" shirts.

I'm not sure how ATL compares to NYC but humidity plays a big part too. I feel you though, there's only so much you can do. Even if there is no truly "summer" shirt, an oxford versus a light cotton or linen can make a huge difference on a hot day. Just wanted to share the seersucker wasn't as lightweight as I'd hoped it would be. Gitman still makes great seersuckers in their own right though. I had the blue and white with bolder stripes than the traditional seersucker pattern which I thought made it especially unique for a seersucker button down shirt. Reluctantly let it go because I'm a minimalist and like the have as little pieces as possible in my wardrobe.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads