• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you a small in BoO but a smedium in Gitman? Don;t make no sense

clemente21

Reaction score

How are you a small in BoO but a smedium in Gitman? Don;t make no sense

The BoO medium fits the shoulders well and isn't too tight around the chest - and the Gitman small is really constricting at the chest and too small in the shoulders, while the Gitman medium is too big in the shoulders and way too big around the chest and body.

Sometimes the world is weird.

*just realized I inadvertently wrote BoO small when I meant medium in the earlier post. so in fact the world really isn't that weird at all.

Last edited:

tetsuo

Reaction score

speaking of the Camo web exclusive shirts, did anyone who ordered the camo shirt get any information about your order from Gitman yet?
when i ordered it, i only got a Paypal payment confirmatino, no receipt from Gitman.
they said the shirt would be shipped by the end of September but I've yet to receive the shirt or any information about my order.

well i called and found out it was shipped out yesterday. (for anyone else who ordered)

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The BoO medium fits the shoulders well and isn't too tight around the chest - and the Gitman small is really constricting at the chest and too small in the shoulders, while the Gitman medium is too big in the shoulders and way too big around the chest and body.
Sometimes the world is weird.
*just realized I inadvertently wrote BoO small when I meant medium in the earlier post. so in fact the world really isn't that weird at all.

Hahaha ok good, this makes much more sense. I was like lolwut

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just realized that the Gitman that I just bought and thought was grey flannel is actually 'Japanese yarn-dyed chunky oxford' :slayer:
Beautiful fabric.

nycxandy

Reaction score

I just realized that the Gitman that I just bought and thought was grey flannel is actually 'Japanese yarn-dyed chunky oxford' :slayer:
Beautiful fabric.

Do you have a link to the specific shirt? I'm looking for a heather gray Gitman shirt and deciding between the grey flannel and winter chambray. It would be nice if there's a third option.

mreggen

Reaction score
Where can I get the polka dot corduroy shirt in M now? Was going to buy from woodwood, but got snagged before I could pull the trigger.

warrenjl1

Reaction score

It's this one on the left.
And, here's the shop where I bought it (free shipping)
It feels like a flannel, but the weave looks like an oxford.

Thanks for that. Just picked up their last medium in that shirt. Glad I didn't get it at Barney's for another $20. Tried the Gant by MB blackwatch pullover, but sending that back for the Gitman blackwatch. I don't know why I thought I'd be happy with anything other than the Gitman!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that. Just picked up their last medium in that shirt. Glad I didn't get it at Barney's for another $20. Tried the Gant by MB blackwatch pullover, but sending that back for the Gitman blackwatch. I don't know why I thought I'd be happy with anything other than the Gitman!

glad to help. What didn't you like about the Gant shirt, compared to Gitman?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would someone who owns both a GV Dishtowel shirt and a GV staple oxford be able to give me some sizing advice?

I own the Dishtowel in an M and it fits perfectly, but I've heard that GV casual shirts fit quite a bit looser than the oxfords.

I'm looking at buying a blue oxford and im unsure of whether I should buy an M or L. In Brooks Brothers ESF oxfords im a 16/35 which seems to correlate with an L in GV oxfords according to the sizing charts.

warrenjl1

Reaction score

glad to help. What didn't you like about the Gant shirt, compared to Gitman?

Had to get a small to fit the chest. Sleeves were about 4 inches too long, even in the small. (I'm a perfect medium in Gitman.) I also really much prefer blackwatch with some navy in it too. The Gant only had green and black. Just didn't feel like it was worth $185 to me. Might pick it up it makes it to the sale for half off.

humeee

Reaction score

Would someone who owns both a GV Dishtowel shirt and a GV staple oxford be able to give me some sizing advice?
I own the Dishtowel in an M and it fits perfectly, but I've heard that GV casual shirts fit quite a bit looser than the oxfords.
I'm looking at buying a blue oxford and im unsure of whether I should buy an M or L. In Brooks Brothers ESF oxfords im a 16/35 which seems to correlate with an L in GV oxfords according to the sizing charts.

I own many GV shirts including the blue dishtowel and the blue oxford, both in large. In Brooks Brothers slim fit I am a 15.5/35.5. The Blue Oxford fits me very well (too loose in collar to wear a tie, though). The dishtowel fits me, but not as well. It is noticeably looser and longer in the body. I don't think it's big enough for me to size down, but it's big enough that I've seriously considering having a tailor do something to it. Based on your brooks brother's measurements, I think you sound between a medium and large in the blue oxford. Maybe a darted large?

For what it's worth, the blue dishtowel is the largest of my GV shirts, with the blackwatch tartan lightweight being the smallest. I have found significant variation in size, and not just between the casual shirts and the oxfords. Despite the variation in body size, I've always found that the large fits me perfectly in the shoulders, so I've never considered switching to medium.

Last edited:

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own many GV shirts including the blue dishtowel and the blue oxford, both in large. In Brooks Brothers slim fit I am a 15.5/35.5. The Blue Oxford fits me very well (too loose in collar to wear a tie, though). The dishtowel fits me, but not as well. It is noticeably looser and longer in the body. I don't think it's big enough for me to size down, but it's big enough that I've seriously considering having a tailor do something to it. Based on your brooks brother's measurements, I think you sound between a medium and large in the blue oxford. Maybe a darted large?
For what it's worth, the blue dishtowel is the largest of my GV shirts, with the blackwatch tartan lightweight being the smallest. I have found significant variation in size, and not just between the casual shirts and the oxfords. Despite the variation in body size, I've always found that the large fits me perfectly in the shoulders, so I've never considered switching to medium.

Thanks a lot, great advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads