• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gagno905
Cross, I'm 5'8 - 5'9 and wear an XS as well un tucked. Little long, but jcrew shirts are longer. I am not getting mine altered at all and would say I have a shorter torso. It's not long enough to be an issue.

I'm also abou 5ft8 and I can wear my size small gitman oxford untucked... that said, I think the length can vary on the different shirts... The one I have is 29 back length, which seems a bit shorter than other peoples

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll update when i get my shirt should arrive march 9th. i wear xs in boo for ref and i have about 9 different boo shirts all but one i paid retail for -__-;;. i was trying to add another brand into the mix lol. i know the boo fits good women constantly compliment me and ask if i go to a tailor.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can handle everything about the gitman shirt i got today but i think the only mistake i made was getting a small key collar tab version instead of the regular button down collar.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
And I posted this before, but if any of you are looking for another shop with an online presence that carries Gitman check Francis May located in Portland. Site is legit, great customer service, quick shipping and they carry other SF approved gear besides Gitman. They have new stock online right now. You're welcome.
I stumbled on Frances May several months ago while on a lunch-time walk through downtown Portland. APC jeans, Opening Ceremony, Nom de Guerre clothing (including a jacket I covet but haven't yet pulled the trigger on), a decent selection of Gitman Bros Vintage shirts, and lots more.

Great little shop.

They seem to focus more on women's clothing but I thought I noticed an increased presence of men's stock on my last visit.

saelan

Reaction score
Just got my teal chambray in the mail and it fits great, but the color is a lot brighter than it looked on the Frances May site. I look kind of like a blue highlighter in it. Considering exchanging it for a plaid.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
Just got my teal chambray in the mail and it fits great, but the color is a lot brighter than it looked on the Frances May site. I look kind of like a blue highlighter in it. Considering exchanging it for a plaid.
Really? The bright color is actually what drew me to this shirt in the first place. I think it will look great this summer with khaki or lighter colored (white/cream/light gray) pants/chinos/shorts, etc. Miami Vice neon colored style. Here's some fit pics of me in mine (size small):
100_2840.jpg
100_2841.jpg
100_2838.jpg
Here's some pics I also snagged of me in my new Gitman pinpoint oxford from Context in size small as well:
100_2843.jpg
100_2844.jpg

saelan

Reaction score
you look great in both shirts, tonio, but the boldness of the teal really doesn't come through in that picture. it really pops, which is what attracted me to it in the first place, but i feel like it looks funny with too many of the things I'd like to wear it with and I'd be better off with a more versatile shirt.

obnavox3

Reaction score
I bought that teal Gitman Chambray as well but the small was too small and the medium by the measurements would be way too big.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
you look great in both shirts, tonio, but the boldness of the teal really doesn't come through in that picture. it really pops, which is what attracted me to it in the first place, but i feel like it looks funny with too many of the things I'd like to wear it with and I'd be better off with a more versatile shirt.

Well you would be the best judge considering you know your own wardrobe best. What pants and color combonations do you have, maybe we can help you out? Post pics if you want, couldn't hurt.

Originally Posted by obnavox3
I bought that teal Gitman Chambray as well but the small was too small and the medium by the measurements would be way too big.

I guess it would depend on how restricting the small is on you. If the medium is close you can always have a tailor alter it for you. The only way to know is to try it out for yourself. I use measurements as a tool for internet purchases as well, but I never take them as gospel. I think many on SF get too obsessed with measurements without just pulling the trigger on a purchase to experience it first hand. Give it a shot.

If it doesn't work out, members will buy it here I'm sure, plus you'll know whether or not the brand is for your proprtion or not and end the speculation you kow?

saelan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Well you would be the best judge considering you know your own wardrobe best. What pants and color combonations do you have, maybe we can help you out? Post pics if you want, couldn't hurt.

I would, but I am completey camera-less at the moment. The shirt looks decent with my APCs, but not great with my favourite chinos, and only works with less than half of my shoes. Given that I'm on a tight budget, I feel like this shirt is too much of a novelty item. If I could afford to buy a whole bunch of shirts, I'd keep it, but as it is, I think my money is better redirected to an item I can wear more. And Frances May is really easy to deal with about returns and exchanges.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that teal shirt looks super sexy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads