• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

PersilVouchers

Reaction score
So has anyone handled the Banana shirt? Is the oxford material too hot to wear in the summer?

Sorry, man. Didn't make it Garbstore in the end.

Might be worth asking Need Supply? They have a live chat thing. I used to enquire about the Printed Dot Oxford (which I ended up buying).

In other news, the Gitman Made To Measure shirts have shipped!!

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Further drop at Imogene and Willie (65% off), only XL left for GBV Ecru and Olive

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, man. Didn't make it Garbstore in the end.

Might be worth asking Need Supply? They have a live chat thing. I used to enquire about the Printed Dot Oxford (which I ended up buying).

In other news, the Gitman Made To Measure shirts have shipped!!

It's all good. Nothing beats touching the fabric yourself so I was hoping for a firsthand account. Someone earlier said it was surprisingly heavy.

The live chat was actually very helpful, thanks for the tip!

"yes, the Oxford material is a crisp cotton

it's not super thin but it is a nicely weighted dress-shirt fabric, if that makes sense?

it's not like a canvas or anything

no problem! i think it should do fine in hot weather"

smdbitchh

Reaction score
I think I was the one who mentioned touching the banana shirt. Its heavier than some of the other pitman shirtsleeves but its not too heavy IMO for summer. Maybe on days when its like 85plus.

Im about to order the Bahia but I haven't touched that fabric in person. Tons of stores around me stock Gitman but no one seems to have purchased that one which I like a lot.

Anyone have it or felt the fabric?

thanks

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I was the one who mentioned touching the banana shirt. Its heavier than some of the other pitman shirtsleeves but its not too heavy IMO for summer. Maybe on days when its like 85plus.

Im about to order the Bahia but I haven't touched that fabric in person. Tons of stores around me stock Gitman but no one seems to have purchased that one which I like a lot.

Anyone have it or felt the fabric?

thanks

I picked up the Bahia short sleeve recently and yes it is pretty heavy. More board-like and dense than regular oxford cloth.

If you want something more in depth, PM me your phone number and I'll text you a quick video of handling it.

Last edited:

smdbitchh

Reaction score
I picked up the Bahia short sleeve recently and yes it is pretty heavy. More board-like and dense than regular oxford cloth.

If you want something more in depth, PM me your phone number and I'll text you a quick video of handling it.
hmm. appreciate the feedback. Is it so heavy that is kind of defeats the purpose of it being short sleeve?

I would only wear short sleeve Gitman in warmer months. They make it in long sleeve also but I don't own any SS Gitmans and that print seems to work pretty well with a SS style.

Besides that you're happy with the way it looks?

Don't need a video I can always return it if Im not happy but would rather not deal with that if I can get good feedback. thank you though

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm happy with it. But like another poster said, I'd only wear it in 70 or mid 80 degree weather. Anything more would be too much. It straddles the line of defeating the purpose of being short sleeve. It's a goregous shirt though and the beefy material is quite a sight. I really like it.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate when companies do that. What's the point of making it short sleeve if it's gonna be super heavy or rough material? :censored: The reason I'm apprehensive about the banana shirt was because I used to own a plain white gitman short sleeve shirt and I found it too itchy/hot.

Last edited:

smdbitchh

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm happy with it. But like another poster said, I'd only wear it in 70 or mid 80 degree weather. Anything more would be too much. It straddles the line of defeating the purpose of being short sleeve. It's a goregous shirt though and the beefy material is quite a sight. I really like it.
I think this shirt looks really cool but the print is so Summer feeling. And with it being fairly heavy not sure.. on the fence about ordering

this might be a tricky one to pull off in cooler months. what do you guys think?

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur