• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score

can anyone tell me what size should i get for Gant Rugger Madras/Oxfords if i wear Gitman L?
measurements that i see seem all over the place and i hope gant shirts are shorter as gitman is too long for me.

Hate to break the news, but in my experience Gant Rugger Hugger fits similar to Gitman except the sleeves are about 1.5 inches longer

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^, true but the Gant Hugger shoulders are also a little narrower.

ALSO: If anyone has this shirt from a couple seasons ago in Medium, PM me if you want to sell one. Slept, and would like to find it.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is ridic my chest width didn't go up nor did i gain any weight i lost weight. yet somehow gitmans new smalls fit tight as my extra smalls from 2-3 seasons ago. they really need to go with a set of measurements and stick to them because theres no place i can try them on in person. measurements on websites keep varying.

i've owned 6 gitman vintage shirts before these ones.

Last edited:

astris

Reaction score

this is ridic my chest width didn't go up nor did i gain any weight i lost weight. yet somehow gitmans new smalls fit tight as my extra smalls from 2-3 seasons ago. they really need to go with a set of measurements and stick to them because theres no place i can try them on in person. measurements on websites keep varying.

I've owned 6 gitman vintage shirts before these ones.

Having the same issue with this season. Which shirt did you get? I bought the prison stripe chambray/oxford and it fits like Baby Gap. I could barely get it buttoned and the arms were so narrow it looked like I was wearing Underarmor.

I own 5-6 Gitman Vintage mediums from varying seasons and although they all fit slightly different, they still fit. However, this AW 2011 striped chambray/oxford in medium was completely unwearable.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i feel your pain. i got the husky hunter print and the moss green. they fit incredibly close to my extra smalls from previous seasons. i think they need to get quality control in there lol.

i wish the arms on these new ones were narrow mine are baggy as hell but i have boney arms. its strange how the p2p fits similar to my extra smalls yet the whale tail back is a lot more bigger. looks like i have a big lower hunchback..

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color chino's do you guys recommend to wear with the moss/green overdye oxford? it goes great with denim for me.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea it was a given it looks good with denim, i've tried to wear it with my navy west point wings + horns didn't seem right on me. thanks for the suggestions. maybe will try to buy a pair of black chinos.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it just me but even my extra small had the shirt tail flare in the back now that i went up to the small the shirt tail flare is even bigger but every where else the fit is good. is there a way to get rid of the flare in the back?

i hope its just the material and it'll settle down eventually.

Last edited:

astris

Reaction score

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m very excited to announce to you that a beta version of our web store is now up and running, and we have a a ton of Gitman, including the overdyed oxfords in all sizes! If you enter the code StyleForum you will earn 15% off your entire purchase. You can access the store by visiting shopmortar.com and clicking on the store link. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Dillon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads