• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

89andy

Reaction score
Go with a medium. Small will be too small. But keep in mind different fabrics fit differently. For example the chambray's fit slightly looser, while the over dyed oxfords fit slightly smaller than the regular oxfords even.

For comparison I'm 5'10 135 but a small fits me fine depending on the fabric. I feel the over dyed oxfords fit a tad too small for me, so I'm pretty much out of luck for those as medium is going to be huge.

malcolm4819

Reaction score
Thats strange I'm 5'9 and 150 and fit a small in pretty much all the Gitman I've tried including the overdye oxfords. It fits slim and length is a good but not completely ideal.

dogatemyhw

Reaction score
Is it a universal coupon code? If so, share ;)

Awesome, so last week I received the wrong "web exclusive" camo shirt. i havent had a chance to contact giftman yet, but today i came home to another package from Gitman. Inside was the the correct camo herringbone shirt, and an apology note saying i can keep the incorrect shirt, as well as a coupon code fo rmy next order. YAY

RuffyD

Reaction score
Just got the olive overdye, awesome shirt!
fing02[1].gif

Gruntle

Reaction score
Damm, I'm hoping Gitman sends me the correct camo shirt too. Olive overdye is dope.

DCU

Reaction score
I just got this from Acrimony:

gitman_custom.jpg

It might be fun to check out if you're in the area.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whatever happened to investing in Microsoft or killing hitler?

That's plebe status stuff. Other than the shirts, I'd rather go back in time to around 5000BC and show off my technology, proclaim myself a God, prophesize my "rebirth" in the 1970s and come back to billions of followers.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have the gitman cheetah print shirt prefer xs or small and could get the measurements? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gmas

Reaction score

anyone have the gitman cheetah print shirt prefer xs or small and could get the measurements? thanks in advance.

I have a medium and can say it fits the smallest of any Gitman shirt I own....and I have quite a few (15ish). I'd say go up if you're between sizes.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gmas thanks i'm waiting for it to be in stock again guess i'm going with small. gitman really needs to stick to sizing. a lot of my older gitman vintage shirts which i sold all of them now in xs the p2p was 17 or 17.5. now all the new ones are either 18 or 18.5 according to the measurements.

this is why i asked i didn't know if the cheetah print was newer sizing or older. knowing my luck the new batches will be sized bigger LOL.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow night Haberdash in Chicago is doing a Gitman fitting as well from 6-9 pm at their River North location. Anyone else going to try to go? I'm more interested to see what's in the swatch book than anything else.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what size should i get for Gant Rugger Madras/Oxfords if i wear Gitman L?
measurements that i see seem all over the place and i hope gant shirts are shorter as gitman is too long for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads