• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
I need to vent that I have a colleague at work where things did not turn out. I dont want to go into the details other than to say that everytime I think I have got over her 'she pulls me back in!' It is by way of coming by my desk, emailing or messaging me for work related stuff, or I somehow get dragged back via other co-workers we are jointly on good terms with. I am looking forward to the day when I switch companies and I have her out of sight and hopefully out of mind. When I can say to her on my last day at 5pm 'it was nice knowing you but now it is all finnished'.
Originally Posted by Star
Consciously she wants me in her friendzone and subconsciously I have no doubt I am her 'backup' in ife if things fall through with her current real bf. Neither of these suit me. The challenge is ignoring her given I have been given a project she is on (as an SME) and trying not to come across as 'me' being the 'problem' either through being rude or distant as I end labelled as the one with issues. Either way I will keep comms with her to a minimum, begave professionally and look forward to that job change (whenever that day may come). I probably also need to find someone else to distract me but currently there is no one.
I don't think I understand this situation, or at least, my understanding of it is not painting you in the best light. A colleague, with a boyfriend, emails you at work about work (which is what colleagues do) or comes to your desk to talk about work (which is what colleagues do), or you find yourself out and about with her because there's a work thing happening (which is what happens at work things) and you are upset that she is "dragging you back in" because you have convinced yourself that she has made you Plan B. As far as I can tell, the posts above don't indicate that she has you as Plan Anything other than "the guy who sits 5 cubicles away", and she's not dragging you "back" anywhere - it sounds more like you were never there to begin with. Are you leaving something out of this story?

austerlitz

Reaction score
OP, i am guessing the party was a bust since we have seen no updates

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I need to start reading these "i need women advice" posts. hot damn theres some pathetic **** going on. Reading this made me feel like james ******* bond.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Compared to many of our SF brethren, you ARE James ******* Bond.

What on earth would that make you? I'd guess you probably have all of SF beat in number of girls.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackShoes
People always trip up on the basics, it's a pity really, to see people squander opportunity (read, *****) needlessly.

Im grateful for guys like this. Because Im always there to pick up the slack.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
I need to start reading these "i need women advice" posts. hot damn theres some pathetic **** going on. Reading this made me feel like james ******* bond.

Which James Bond do you feel like *******? I'd probably opt for Connery, but Craig looked pretty nice in his swim suit.
laugh.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Which James Bond do you feel like *******? I'd probably opt for Connery, but Craig looked pretty nice in his swim suit.
laugh.gif

lol8[1].gif

Reaction score
In college it's so easy, there are always a million social activities going on, in any conversation the question is asked, what are you up to? You just say, my friends and I will be at (insert name of bar or party location) friday, you should stop by.... you leave it at that, no matter her response, yes, no, or maybe, you answer "cool" and leave it at that...

If she shows up you make your move, if she doesn't who cares you're at a bar or party with a room full of chicks!

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bamp

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS

lol well I am glad that someone is getting off to our inability to land some girls. lol

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NEW PROBLEM!!!!

Okay not really but just wanted to see what you guys think.

I was in the library this morning (1am-6am) and there was this columbian girl that cought my eye. So after making eye contact a couple of times, I got her attention and made up some BS.

Boy: Hey do you have a brother by any chance?
Girl: yes I do
(Idol conversation, I pretty much say that I had a friend whos sister she looked like and other jazz)

I ask her what she is studying for, and I find out she is a senior and going to dental school. I proceeded to ask her if she had a SO an she said "there is someone that I am talking to right now" and I think I played it off okay. She asked me for my name and I continued the conversation for few more min. She asks me my name, shake hands nice to meet you and all that jazz.

When she leave I make eye contact with her again and she says bye and nice to meet you, couple more sentences of idol conversation and that was that. So I would say that I think I was more interested in the conversation than she was, but I caught her looking at me a couple of times.

What do you guys make of it and how would you guys make idol conversation with a girl that you do not even know and dont even go to the same school as her.

On another note: I believe that I am progressing in my confidence level a bit, but i feel that I need to figure out how to read chicks a bit better, at least the not so obvious ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads