• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giorgenti MTM Pants Review

brmoore

Reaction score
While reading my comments etc. keep in mind that I'm a real novice in these things. I decided to try some MTM Chinos from Best Custom Pants (Giorgenti) as they had a sale for $89 a pair (I'm sure this will always be the price). I received an email from them after I registered at site for an additional 25% off as a new customer and could not resist a pair of MTM for $67.50.
I ordered 2 pair which arrived in approx 5 weeks which is a little longer then the 3 or 4 week delivery they promise.
The fabric is a 120 count combed cotton with 3% Lycra and feels very nice to the hand. I checked to see how accurate their measurements were, and to my surprise they were exact. The main problem I have with the fit is that the waist
although the proper 34" feels a little snug. I think this might be due to the fact that I ordered the slim fit . All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the way they fit, and are far superior (in fit) than anything I could get OTR.
The one glaring problem was the quality of the buttons which, of course, can be changed without much trouble (I actually broke one).
I would re-order again, especially at that price. I found them very easy to deal with and had no trouble with Customer Service when I called to ask various questions. As far as the additional 25 % discount for new customers I suggest you call them to see if it is still being offered.
These pics were taken as soon as I received Pants - right out of the box, wrinkles and all. By the way shipping for the 2 pair was $15.

2hfqs5h.jpg

28khaf8.jpg

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks great! it seems there is a big of extra fabric around the butt though, where it flares out a bit. did you supply body measurements or measurements from pants you own? and now all you need is a custom shirt to replace that tent you're currently wearing
tounge.gif
i would order a pair myself but am in the "not buy any clothing for april" group. can't wait for may to get here...my futile cycle of resistance continues. *sigh*

brmoore

Reaction score
I supplied the measurements as I don't have any pants that really fit well.As far as the extra fabric in the butt area, well that's due to the fact that I have no butt.
As far as the shirt goes you are right again. It was the smallest OTR Zegna I could find. Finding a shirt with a 14" neck is impossible. As I was satisfied with the Pants from Giorgenti I guess I should give their MTM shirts a try.
For me it looks as if MTM is the only way I can get a decent fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads