• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

getting your collar to spread open on a button-up shirt?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ap_travolta_snf_071211_ssh.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by the way i think this look (the OP mentioned) is absolutely disgusting....assuming you're talking about the Tony Montana one that a lotta people do over a blazer when they go to a club. Why anyone ever found this appealing is beyond me.

Style_Deficit

Reaction score
FTB: I'm sure that's not what the OP meant at all.

With some shirts, even when you unbutton the top two buttons, the shirt still appears - or sits? - as if it were still buttoned. I have a lot of slim-fit Ben Sherman shirts and they're all like that.

All he wants (I'm sure) is for the collar to open a "bit" to show a V, much like in Matt's most recent WAYWT pic (just the most recent example), or like your latest WAYWT pic (though it looks like your shirt has some diagonal opening?).

If I'm wrong, I stand corrected and I agree, the look you mentioned is atrocious.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird, I've never been able to keep it looking buttoned for more than a couple minutes. I try to when I don't want to show the man fur.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
i just browsed Eric Glennie's collection in its entirety. This man is the next Helmut Lang of fashion. Eric, you should start doing regular collections every 6 months try to get shown in New York.
tt

I did! I called Link Theory which owns the Helmut Lang label and the partner said they already have a husband/wife team designing for the Helmut Lang label. All I can say is they need Helmut back. Better yet, Maybe Mr. Lang can hook up with Eric Glennie and we can collaborate on a breakthrough, historical fashion line. Mr. Lang- if you are out there dont shelf a beautiful mind behind a camera lens, come back to the runway and give EG a call. Can you imagine the innovation.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tip before, not after.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eric, don't bother with collaborations. What i'm telling you is to go find some backing and begin producing collections as an independent label every six months and try to get shown at a major fashion week. I think if you had the financial resources and availability to good fabrics and production team you can do something with your vision.

On your current level of design skill, i'd put you on par with modern day Raf Simons and i see hints of Yamamoto - not a bad start.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads