• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting outlines in raw denim.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
My "carried" items in my RRDS are as follows:

Right front pocket: asthma inhaler; Spyderco Endura knife clipped on

I carried a mini spyderco around with me for many years before I manned up to a Buck Crosslock. I think I'll wear it in on my next dry pair.

It's funny when you find someone else who carries a knife on them. Almost rare these days.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I carried a mini spyderco around with me for many years before I manned up to a Buck Crosslock. I think I'll wear it in on my next dry pair.

It's funny when you find someone else who carries a knife on them. Almost rare these days.

I carry a Microtech Halo 3 (even though it's a bit bigger) I used to carry a Microtech Mini Socom Elite, but it's getting long in the tooth and somehow opened a bit and sliced a small cut into the top of the back pocket of a pair of R&Bs so I don't carry that one anymore
frown.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Damn, a Halo 3? Fancy. What made you decide on it?

I think I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to auto knives. I remember back in the early 90s when spyderco came out and because the king in quick release knives. Then I grew to like the feel of the grip on the crosslock and its simple nature. The last quick-release knife I bought was a camillus lev-r-lock after seeing it at knife shows for ages and getting a deal through smokey mountain for it. (Speaking of which, I miss the way the Pasadena knife show used to be...)

Autos just seem borderline switchblade to me. Fun, but switchblade fun.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Damn, a Halo 3? Fancy. What made you decide on it?

I think I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to auto knives. I remember back in the early 90s when spyderco came out and because the king in quick release knives. Then I grew to like the feel of the grip on the crosslock and its simple nature. The last quick-release knife I bought was a camillus lev-r-lock after seeing it at knife shows for ages and getting a deal through smokey mountain for it. (Speaking of which, I miss the way the Pasadena knife show used to be...)

Autos just seem borderline switchblade to me. Fun, but switchblade fun.

I played with a bunch of different knives and I guess I just liked the Halo 3 the most. I like the feel of the Socom series, but I think build quality is an issue. The Halo feels bulletproof to me.

Goblin

Reaction score
"Fresh breath" Altoids come in square tins. Altoids Sours come in round tins. The OP gave no indication that he wanted particularly sour breath, only that he wanted an outline.

My first post was tongue-in-cheek. I really don't care if people contrive fake snuff rings, any more than I care if they carefully cultivate ongoing three-day stubble, dye their temples prematurely gray, or wear non-corrective glasses. The whole notion of deliberately cultivating wear on one's jeans is silly at some level, but I still do it myself. It's a style discussion board, and there's going to be some pointing and laughing all around at each other's eccentricities.

As any SF member knows, one can tell a lot about a man's aspirations and insecurities by the style he affects. For instance, picking up outlandishly priced facsimiles of "humble workman's wear" and torturing said facsimiles until they look as much as possible like "humble workman's wear."
teacha.gif

Reaction score
^ i think i love you

err...

i keep a tray-style coin purse in the back left pocket, a gigantic wallet in the right back pocket, and sometimes a knife in the watch pocket. NOTHING in the front pockets so as not to interrupt whiskering--------yeah yeah yeah. shut up.

tundrafour

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Sucks to your assmar!

Haha. That line was extremely popular in my sixth-grade English class. I'd forgotten about it until your post reminded me.

Anyway, I carry/obsessively use a small tin of Burt's Bees in my coin pocket and it creates a circular wear pattern. Hopefully I don't appear to be a contrived miniature-snuff user to anyone. I also carry a Spyderco knife, coincidentally.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
I actually avoid putting stuff in my left back pocket, as I think it looks weird. I carry my wallet in the right back, and my cell in the coin pocket.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've started carrying a caribiner in my right back.

wallet has always been in the left back. cellphone in front left.

calatrava

Reaction score
lets see. wallet in rear right, keys in rear left. cellphone in front left. i must say that having my cellphone in the front really messes up the whiskers and other wear marks, and you get this odd fading and lines around it. im not too sure if i like or dislike it at the moment. i used to keep a zippo in the coin/watch pocket, but i took it out to keep coins in.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why don't you swap your phone with your keys? Your phone is probably about the same size and shape as your wallet and so it'll balance out what you're sitting on -- which is better for your posture.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
My sweetest pair of raw denim has the outline of a package of Magnum condoms.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm not sure the fact that they stayed in your pocket so long they caused fade patterns on your jeans is something to
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
about.
tongue.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads