1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Getting outlines in raw denim.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Oct 4, 2006.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

^ i think i love you

err...

i keep a tray-style coin purse in the back left pocket, a gigantic wallet in the right back pocket, and sometimes a knife in the watch pocket. NOTHING in the front pockets so as not to interrupt whiskering--------yeah yeah yeah. shut up.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Sucks to your assmar!

3. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

Sucks to your assmar!

Haha. That line was extremely popular in my sixth-grade English class. I'd forgotten about it until your post reminded me.

Anyway, I carry/obsessively use a small tin of Burt's Bees in my coin pocket and it creates a circular wear pattern. Hopefully I don't appear to be a contrived miniature-snuff user to anyone. I also carry a Spyderco knife, coincidentally.

4. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Sucks to your assmar!
    [​IMG]
    Um, the knife makes me tough, though, right? Right?

5. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

I actually avoid putting stuff in my left back pocket, as I think it looks weird. I carry my wallet in the right back, and my cell in the coin pocket.

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

I've started carrying a caribiner in my right back.

wallet has always been in the left back. cellphone in front left.

7. calatrava

calatrava Active Member

lets see. wallet in rear right, keys in rear left. cellphone in front left. i must say that having my cellphone in the front really messes up the whiskers and other wear marks, and you get this odd fading and lines around it. im not too sure if i like or dislike it at the moment. i used to keep a zippo in the coin/watch pocket, but i took it out to keep coins in.

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Why don't you swap your phone with your keys? Your phone is probably about the same size and shape as your wallet and so it'll balance out what you're sitting on -- which is better for your posture.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

My sweetest pair of raw denim has the outline of a package of Magnum condoms. [​IMG]

I'm not sure the fact that they stayed in your pocket so long they caused fade patterns on your jeans is something to [​IMG] about.
    [​IMG]

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

i don't want to break my bombass phone

12. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Hahaha (at the condom comment)

I usually have my cell phone in my front left pocket (my single pair of raw denim I have has a nice wear mark from the corner of my phone and my Toyota Vitz cellphone strap left a nice rounded mark right by the corner. I usually keep my keys, slim wallet, and pen in my right pocket. Dont wear a watch at all and dont put anything in my back pockets.