• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get ready for fall w/ Doc's biggest sales thread yet - PL, black label, much more

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Two words: PRICE REDUCTIONS!
Some really nice stuff this time. By far the nicest I've been able to offer.

We'll start with the sportcoats, all NWT. Many are a slim size 42R, though there are some others, too. The 42Rs all seem to have fairly similar measurements, so I'm not going to list specifics after the first one unless requested. Because these are slim, they may work for a smaller size, too.

SOLD! First up is a perfect fall specimen from RL Black Label, size 42. Unlike some of the early Black Label stuff, this is fully canvassed. Cloth is wool with 10 percent cashmere. Double vents. The style is simple, but don't think it's plain. The appeal is in the modern, slim cut. I don't normally do this, but I like this coat so much that I'm gonna go Zoolander on you:

browntweedbest.jpg

Oh yes. I will be keeping one seen in the pic. Approximate measurements of the size 42: Shoulders 19.5; length from bottom of collar 31; sleeve 26; chest 44; waist 40.

Here's a closeup of the label in which you can get a better sense of the cloth:

bltweedbrowntag.jpg

NWT. Retail was $1,295; yours for $345 shipped in the continental U.S. This coat is sold, but I'll leave the pics up because the texture of the gray one below is very similar.

This one is similar to the above, only in gray and from the high-end "Ralph Lauren" blue label line. Ninety percent wool, 10 percent cashmere. Double vents. And it has a ticket pocket. If it were a 40 instead of a 42, it would not be for sale. Instead, it and I would be on our way to Vermont for a civil union.

Ticket pocket!

bltweedgraytick.jpg

The above is the best representation of the true color and cloth. But here's a full-length pic.

bltweedgray.jpg

This is the Jerome III model. Fully canvassed, unfinished sleeves. Retail was $1,500; yours for $355 shipped in the U.S. PRICE REDUCTION! Now $325 shipped in the CONUS!

Here's an interesting take on the classic camelhair jacket, only it's not camelhair. Instead, it's 65 percent silk, 35 percent cashmere. It's from high-end sportswear maker Jeff Rose, and it was made in Italy. It's got quite a few nice touches, including pickstitching galore, a zip pocket inside the chest, and a neck strap for those windy days. Three buttons, patch pockets, single vent. Fully canvassed too, and with working buttonholes. Size 40R. Shoulders 18.5; length from bottom of collar 30; sleeves 25; chest 44; waist 40. A steal at only $165 shipped in the U.S. UPDATE: Found a small hole in the sleeve, about the size of a pin head. Should have looked closer at the store. I'll drop the price to only $55 shipped.

camel.jpg

camel2.jpg

The last sleeve button is about 1.5 inches from the bottom of the sleeve, so there's even a bit of room to shorten without needing to perform shoulder surgery.

camelsleeve.jpg

Next is a pair of Polo brogues in a handsome brown suede. They're a bit darker than in the top pic. I might describe it as a tobacco, like Cuba's finest, only not illegal and worn on your feet. New W/O box; made in Italy. Size 8.5 U.S.

PoloFear.jpg

PoloFear2.jpg

I think Ralph is in the $550 range for this type of thing these days. I'll ask $165 shipped in the U.S. Now $150! That's the lowest I can go before eBay.

Next is another item from Orvis, and it shocked me with its decadent hand. These are plush, 90 percent wool and 10 percent cashmere. If the label didn't tell me otherwise, I would suspect there was more cashmere. Nice weight, split waistband, available in both pleated and non. The waist seems to run large -- I'm normally a 33 but can wear a 32.

orvis.jpg

These are prehemmed, but I bought longer lengths, so you can have them hemmed to your desired length. Sizes available: Plain front: 36x34 (w/ cuff). Pleated: 34x34 (w/ cuff); 36x32 (w/ cuff). PRICE REDUCTION: Now only $38 shipped in the U.S.!

Brooks ties: All new, never worn. Marked irregular on the back, but with no flaws I can find. $18.50 shipped each, $16.50 if you buy anything else. Please specify which you'd like in your PM. Good beater ties. No. 1, first tie on left in the top pic below, is sold, as is the blue fourth from left.

brookstieslot.jpg

Closeup:
brookstiecloseyel.jpg

Polo knit and cashmere ties. Anyone who's read my posts knows how much I love knit ties. And the striped knit is all that's left, as the others have sold.

polotielot.jpg

REDUCED! The remaining knit is now $17, $15 with any other purchase. Just think how fine it would look with a tattersall shirt as you prowl your sprawling English estate. Or as you hang out in your tiny one-bedroom apartment, for that matter.

J. Crew cords in a nicely plush wale. Hard to find the wider wale cords on deep discount. Size 32x30. Brand new, never worn. $29 shipped in the U.S. You can pay retail at J. Crew or you can save a bundle here. PRICE REDUCED TO $25 shipped!

jcrewcords.jpg

Purple Label pocket squares. The solid white is machine stitched, while the colors are hand rolled. Retail on the latter is an absurd $75. All are sold pending payment, but let me know if you want a white -- might have some more banging around.

squares.jpg

Yours for $17 shipped each, $14 with purchase of anything else.

PM if interested, or with any questions. I'd much prefer payment by Google Checkout, particularly with the new discounts, but if you absolutely insist, I'll take PayPal.

The fine print: Prices do not include insurance, but it's available for an additional fee of $2 per $100. I strongly urge you to take it, and can't be held responsible if something goes wrong in transit. Shipping will be by standard mail, and it may take me several days to get everything out, particularly if there's a lot of demand. I'm just one guy, despite the handsome and charming facade. My hangers/props/hands/etc. not included. If you're overseas and interested in purchasing something, PM me and we'll talk.

Thanks for looking.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're a slim 40 or 42, this is the best sport coat you're going to see this fall. I found one at Century 21 (for a higher price, btw) and was amazed at the quality and the fit. Everything looked understated on the hanger, and then I put it on, to find it was just perfect. It definitely does reward those 1000 situp mornings.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday

First up is a perfect fall specimen from RL Black Label, sizes 42 and 40. Unlike some of the early Black Label stuff, this is fully canvassed. Cloth is wool with 10 percent cashmere. Double vents. The style is simple, but don't think it's plain. The appeal is in the modern, slim cut. I don't normally do this, but I like this coat so much that I'm gonna go Zoolander on you:

browntweedbest.jpg

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Best sales copy in the B&S. PM Sent.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm usually a 38 or 39, but you can see how the 40 fits on me above. These are pretty slim.

Also, I forgot to mention: When you send payments, please mention your SF screenname and list what you're paying for. That will help me keep everything straight.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And just exactly _where_ are your RLPL 42 *Long* jackets, young man???

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ill take the solid white pocket square! pm sent.

bryce330

Reaction score
How would you describe the color on the first one (Black Label) and which picture is more accurate as to color? The first looks like an olive/brown color while the second pic looks more grey. Thanks.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would describe it as a dark but warm brown. The first pic was taken in the setting sun, so it adds golden glow. However, I will consult with my girlfriend to make sure my colorblindness isn't affecting my description.

Oh, and on the subject of color: The suede brogues are darker than they appear in the pics, which were taken in the sun. In real life, they're darker -- a tobacco, maybe.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell me about the color on those calf Tyrwhitt bals. They look like some kinda tan... are they an AE chestnut or an AE Chili?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They're lighter than chili. More of a tan. I'd say chestnut is the best response. The pics were taken in the sun, so they're a bit darker than they appear there, but they're still tannish.

Also, my girlfriend agrees with the "warm dark brown" description on the first black label sportcoat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads