• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But will the back vents be flailing?

No because you aren't really lifting up you are just filling a space and doing it horizontally rather than by taking it up vertically, ah, I'm having a hard time explaining it.

There's a few solutions though, a very simple one is to shrink the collar through pressing and shaping. You can also recut the collar as foo suggested or usually you can find material under the collar and just lift the collar up if you need to, in this instance you are altering vertcally but not at the expense of the back balance.

Last edited:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I had to google that, but nah, not my type. How's Snow White, the kids?

She is currently the Indian no. 1, a top-20 player and the consensus pinup queen of women's pro squash (though that doesn't have to mean much). On the other hand, the Indian No. 2 is the opposite of a pinup.
Consensus aside, I rate two or three other girls slightly ahead of her looks-wise, but none by much.

Last edited:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Let's not get carried away. Balenciaga was the genius. And a full fledged master tailor to boot

The most impressive women's wear designer who seemed to get tailoring was Charles James. The Met show (closed, now, I think) was spectacular and did a great job of showing construction and also using cutting and seams to create shape. Someone gave my wife the book from the show and I have been through it several times.

Nah I would say he was a genius, did amazing things, probably the best British designer in the past 50 years.

James was British, died in 1978 and was in my opinion much more impressive than McQueen so he should get the title. The difference is that James was thought of as an American couturier because of his clientele and played to a much smaller audience.

Last edited:

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

She is currently the Indian no. 1, a top-20 player and the consensus pinup queen of women's pro squash (though that doesn't have to mean much). On the other hand, the Indian No. 2 is the opposite of a pinup.
Consensus aside, I rate two or three other girls slightly ahead of her looks-wise, but none by much.

Well, to be honest, I don't think you and me have the same taste in women.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Let's not get carried away. Balenciaga was the genius. And a full fledged master tailor to boot

You may have already seen this, but if not:

http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/

Some of the pieces are really beautiful. If you click "selected objects," you'll find that some of the pages have audio, which will tell you more about what you're looking at.

I don't care to debate the definition of genius, but he really was an incredibly talented designer.

Last edited:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You may have already seen this, but if not:

http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/

Some of the pieces are really beautiful. If you click "selected objects," you'll find that some of the pages have audio, which will tell you more about what you're looking at.

I don't care to debate the definition of genius, but he really was an incredibly talented designer.

I saw that show, too. I liked it and his work, but I was blown away by James. They are completely different , though.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
McQueen exhibit was impressive. His Row experience was evident in some of his pieces.

Wish I had seen the James exhibit

Few decades from now we'll be saying these things about Azzedine Alaia

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry to go back, but on the car thing, an experienced tester/journalist is perhaps the worst judge of whether a car will meet the needs of a typical buyer. Excepting those who will take their cars on a track, an extensive test drive will reveal the character of the car and consumer data will tell about the reliability. For 90%+ of car buyers, getting comfortable in the car, seeing if they can make sense of the controls, and confirming that the car has acceptable acceleration will be all the information they need about its performance.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has this threak gone completely meta or can I still expect some reports from clients of gennaro paone at some point?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Test drives, like a first bespoke order, only provide very limited information.

One bespoke order would provide enough information to boast on this forum.

Get one of every bespoke offering in the world? Once this is done choose your tailor? Or maybe once you're satisfied with what you get? You'll need to do that anyway but why not have some preliminary info first?

Unless there is some info about bespoke tailors floating in the air that my mind can catch without help it should be glaringly obvious that you'll need, at the very minimum, to gather information about who is a bespoke tailor and maybe about regional styles and prices, than moving to the styles and prices of people you can reach and so on so forth. In other words you're always gathering info, it is up to you to decide when you stop and take the leap by trying the tailor in question.

The question posed was how to "assess what a car feels like to drive", not how to pick a car.

As for long term ownership of cars or even clothes, I believe in the common saying - no matter how hot she looks, there will always be some guy who's sick and ******* tired of her ****.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgummi612