• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...516230&cc=5901

i agree these men have betrayed their homeland. they could have waited until after the last game to defect.

Oh please. Cuba should have expected this and brought a bigger squad. It's one thing to live in a free country and get the honor of representing that country. It's another to live in a dictatorship and win the chance to play abroad and defect.

b

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liverpool / Arsenal

ManU / Roma

Chelsea / Fenerbahce

Barca / Schalke

Let's get it on....
boxing[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
bounce2.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Liverpool / Arsenal

ManU / Roma

Chelsea / Fenerbahce

Barca / Schalke

Let's get it on....
boxing[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
bounce2.gif

I may have to take a couple days off work.

b

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Liverpool / Arsenal

ManU / Roma

Chelsea / Fenerbahce

Barca / Schalke

Let's get it on....
boxing[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
bounce2.gif

Oh sweetness.

Romafan, I'm all for you in your matchup. Lets hope your boys bring it!

FC barca11

Reaction score
The semifinals potentially setup some mouth watering fixtures. I prayed and someone answered haha. Hopefully Rijkaard and co. don't fall asleep at the wheel and bring the guns
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll be in NY for the semis. Anyone know a good pub to watch Barcelona games? If its Man U v Barca, I would consider Nevada Smith's but I might also get my a$$ handed to me.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Utd v Chelsea final as I see it!
Although Roma is one I wanted to avoid,I have a nagging doubt.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Utd v Chelsea final as I see it!
Although Roma is one I wanted to avoid,I have a nagging doubt.

Pshaw!

We sent Milan packing today
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hopefully Inter will continue to stumble.....

FC barca11

Reaction score
Pshaw!

We sent Milan packing today
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hopefully Inter will continue to stumble.....

Forget Inter. I'm hoping you take down Man U. I can't believe 80% of people across various forums, tv, betting have already written off Roma's chance of progressing. Some Man U fans are getting way too arrogant.

strazzaque

Reaction score
Any Arsenal fans here? I'm looking forward to our 3 games in the space of 1 week. This is one of those times that I'm not feeling like certain defeat awaits us. Adebayor has been bleating about 3 strikes, Fabregas has yet to recover from witnessing Taylor's assault, and seeing Eduardo's horrific injury, and the Gunners have been dropping points, while we've been on a hot streak.

Toure will probably be given the job of man-marking Nando, with Gallas for Gerrard. I am confident Mascherano and Alonso can neutralise Fabregas and Flamini.

Van Persie's injury woes are good for us, and Skrtel's speed and strength puts him in good stead against Adebayor. I would say we're most vulnerable on the wings.

Some other news in the lead up to the game:

A Gooner blogger writes that Torres is an Arsenal player in Liverpool's colours. It is not like Wenger didn't have a chance to sign him, just that he opted for Fox-in-the-Box Jeffers, or Walcott.

Another interesting program is Nike's plan to bring out a jersey commemorating 20years since May 26, 1989- the year Arsenal edged Liverpool to the title on the final day of the season by winning 2-0, Michael Thomas scoring with seconds to go. He later played for Liverpool. I thought that was a unique commemoration, and great opportunity for Nike to put one over Adidas, who sponsor Liverpool.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FC barca11
Forget Inter. I'm hoping you take down Man U. I can't believe 80% of people across various forums, tv, betting have already written off Roma's chance of progressing. Some Man U fans are getting way too arrogant.

After Barca's piss poor recent performances,I would worry about my own team instead of wasting energy worrying about us.
devil.gif

FC barca11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
After Barca's piss poor recent performances,I would worry about my own team instead of wasting energy worrying about us.
devil.gif

The league is finished for us. We have no leadership, no direction and no intent. If there is a meaningful competition left for us, its the CL and probably the only one the players (read Ronaldinho, Deco, Marquez, maybe even Henry) are interested in showing up for. Other than that, this team is only going to finish an obligation to the league to actually show up with 11 at the weekend....piss poor, I'd appreciate it if you could use a more critical expression when talking about Barcelona's league performances, thank you. So, about them bloody Mancs
tounge.gif

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by strazzaque
Any Arsenal fans here? I'm looking forward to our 3 games in the space of 1 week. This is one of those times that I'm not feeling like certain defeat awaits us. Adebayor has been bleating about 3 strikes, Fabregas has yet to recover from witnessing Taylor's assault, and seeing Eduardo's horrific injury, and the Gunners have been dropping points, while we've been on a hot streak.

Toure will probably be given the job of man-marking Nando, with Gallas for Gerrard. I am confident Mascherano and Alonso can neutralise Fabregas and Flamini.

Van Persie's injury woes are good for us, and Skrtel's speed and strength puts him in good stead against Adebayor. I would say we're most vulnerable on the wings.

Some other news in the lead up to the game:

A Gooner blogger writes that Torres is an Arsenal player in Liverpool's colours. It is not like Wenger didn't have a chance to sign him, just that he opted for Fox-in-the-Box Jeffers, or Walcott.

Another interesting program is Nike's plan to bring out a jersey commemorating 20years since May 26, 1989- the year Arsenal edged Liverpool to the title on the final day of the season by winning 2-0, Michael Thomas scoring with seconds to go. He later played for Liverpool. I thought that was a unique commemoration, and great opportunity for Nike to put one over Adidas, who sponsor Liverpool.

Yeah I like Arsenal. I'm interested in seeing this Jersey..it better be good.

If there's one team I like any given day its Arsenal. Just the way they distribute the ball. Wenger is class!

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another gunner here too
it's going to be a fun ride for a few days for arsene and his boys

strazzaque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
another gunner here too
it's going to be a fun ride for a few days for arsene and his boys

Wouldn't be too sure about that.

I can see Mascherano playing Argie mind tricks on a distraught Fabregas, putting him off his stride. As it is young Cesc seems to have had some quiet games, of late.

Flamini is better than possibly even Wenger thought he would be, but as their recent run has shown, they can be neutralised, and we're probably the finest team of neutralisers around.
Now if we could get away from playing like a team of tranquilisers, sometimes....

I expect Alonso/Lucas to cover either Flamini or Hleb, since the latter is more attack minded.

It is a pity Toure is back in your backline, as Torres/Gerrard would have enjoyed exploiting Senderos lumbering lack of pace, with Gallas having to do a lot more running. Now you've got both pacy centrebacks restored to the team, making it tougher for us to attack through your lines at speed.

I do like Sagna and Clichy, and they could trouble Arbeloa and Aurelio/Riise. Finnan is looking like he's now understudy to Arbeloa.

Skrtel and Carra should account for Adebayor, since Bendtner is deployed as sub, and RvP remains in recovery.

Almunia is the weak link in defence, so hopefully we'll pepper him with shots. He's not as bad as Lehmann, but he can be shaken up.

Expect Rafa to ramp up the mind games and pressure on Arsenal in thr next few days.

Our cheerleader Kuyt, will also follow suit, since he's unlikely to score.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt