• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

aragon765

Reaction score

Took this one out for a spin today. 60 miles with a few stops for photos :).

Sweet ride, definite euro-points there!! What are the wheels, r-sys premium?

ssnyc

Reaction score
Thanks! They're Ksyrium SLR wheels. All super record components. Weight? I dunno...16lbs or so.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who likes Crank Brothers pedals, they are currently running a deal with CX magazine where you can trade in a pair of clipless peals and get a new Crank Brothers (the 3 level) pair for $60. Find a pair on Craigslist for $20 and trade them in to save $60? Could be a good deal. I found the deal on CX Magazine's FB page.

I have no experience with Crank Brothers except for one day's ride on a friend's bike. So you takes your risks.

edit: the link: http://www.crankbrothers.com/rt_ticket_add.php

b

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! They're Ksyrium SLR wheels. All super record components. Weight? I dunno...16lbs or so.

Would guess it'd be less, my old CAAD8 with 105/ultegra, Dura-Ace wheels weighs less than that.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would guess it'd be less, my old CAAD8 with 105/ultegra, Dura-Ace wheels weighs less than that.

Agreed. I'd think that frame weighs closer to 15.3 - 15.5 lbs.

the bike's frame is a Cinelli XCr - made of steel... stainless steel. 16lbs is an awesome weight for a steel framed bike.

its an awesome bike as well.

edit: i just looked up the claimed frame weight of a medium XCr... its supposedly 1450g.... but I always take the italian claims of weight with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the bike's frame is a Cinelli XCr - made of steel... stainless steel. 16lbs is an awesome weight for a steel framed bike.
its an awesome bike as well.
edit: i just looked up the claimed frame weight of a medium XCr... its supposedly 1450g.... but I always take the italian claims of weight with a grain of salt.

I thought it was polished Ti or something. 1450 for a steel frame is INCREDIBLY light. Most normal CF frames come in around 1100 or so, it seems.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought it was polished Ti or something. 1450 for a steel frame is INCREDIBLY light. Most normal CF frames come in around 1100 or so, it seems.

1450 for a 48 cm frame maybe, Still an awesome frame and I loves me some steel.

vm1336

Reaction score
My former coworker in Denver had a Surly Pugsly. I think it had 4 inch tires. Great snow or sand bike. My Surly Long Haul Trucker can handle some pretty wide tires but I'm fine running Schwalbe Marathon 1.75 inch tires with fenders.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

been noticing more people riding fat bikes...

I've ridden one around a bit on some frozenish sand (that I had just been riding on with my CX bike and having to work really hard) and some big rocks/grass and it was pretty awesome. My impression was that you don't actually go all that fast since you have to spin so much wheel and tire, but it feels quick since it just goes where you point it and rolls over everything without effort.

Now that everybody has "sustainable" trails that can't be too steep or ridden on in too bad conditions, a single speed pugsley is really all you need--especially as a great winter bike.

Marw

Reaction score
My little baby! New this season. Got my position tuned in and will slam my stem and cut my steerer. Don't mind the crappy instgram pic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads