• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Membership dues are in the form of selling luxury clothing at highly discounted rates at SF marketplace due to buyer remorse or sizing misadventures from all those buying binges new members engage in when they sign up for this forum.
Anyways @sacafotos and @mw313 are coming along nicely. They remind me of young myself.

Drat, and I was hoping new members membership dues would be used in part to fund some of my new shoes.

Can we take a vote? LOL

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess that means the Thorpe GMTO is going to stall if Skoak has one going already.

We'll see how that Burnham GMTO goes. In any case, we don't even know if they can make the leather color...

I will do everything I can to not let the Burgundy Thorpe GMTO stall out. We are so close - only need one more. And our proposed makeup doesn't have the dreaded speedhooks. Come on Namor, you can be our fifth!!

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, It looks like the whole gang is here.

It was a nice thread while it lasted...
lol8[1].gif

Then it all just went down the crapper. LOL

Last edited:

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

All righty then. LOL

It will be a great thread. Right now i´m stuck in the EG and SkoAB threads. I read one thread then go back to subscriptions to read the other, when i´m done i go back to subscriptions again just to find out the first thread has 20 new posts. Those two threads are like a big f***ing black hole that just suck you in with an infinite amount of posts and you almost forgets that there´s more on SF.... gotta love it :nodding:

With one thread i don´t have to go back to subscriptions all the time....

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be a great thread. Right now i´m stuck in the EG and SkoAB threads. I read one thread then go back to subscriptions to read the other, when i´m done i go back to subscriptions again just to find out the first thread has 20 new posts. Those two threads are like a big f***ing black hole that just suck you in with an infinite amount of posts and you almost forgets that there´s more on SF.... gotta love it
nod[1].gif

Yeah, I frequent just a few personally. EG and Skoak mainly, but I do open a few others from time to time just to see what's going on. I do generally scan the first page of Classic Menswear to see if anything interesting is going on however.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man,

I can't believe it, but I'm here.

All I did was Pre-Order the Thorpe in Arran Country Grain from Skoak this morning.

Then those heathens in the Edward Green thread rescinded my EG membership, and now I have no other place to go.
cold%5B1%5D.gif

Dude, all of use are pretty much in the same threads! WE are the treads!

lol, i agree there are like 9 members left on SF

Yeah we really need to recruit some new meat.

Besides then we could get them to pay membership dues, and then with the membership dues we could buy some more footwear.

Do you think that's why we haven't gotten any new members lately? LOL

Membership dues are in the form of selling luxury clothing at highly discounted rates at SF marketplace due to buyer remorse or sizing misadventures from all those buying binges new members engage in when they sign up for this forum.
Anyways @sacafotos and @mw313 are coming along nicely. They remind me of young myself.

Drat, and I was hoping new members membership dues would be used in part to fund some of my new shoes.

Can we take a vote? LOL

Thanks @laufer. I actually was doing some following on hear for about a good year or two before joining because I was so busy at that time with medical school.

I good for membership dues but the new guys joining (after me of course) should have to pay actual money not just selling stuff because I'll never get anything when no one wears my size but me. Haha. Make them help us buy more shoes instead like @dddrees suggested.

You're all right in that it seems like less then 10 of us basically dominate the high end shoe threads. If you ever look at the "lower end" shoes like AE, Alden, and Crockett and Jones ( who helped me out in getting shoes made for me in the past, to develop my love for shoes. I still use them once in a while for odds and ends pairs) there are so many other people speaking in a normal basis with some of us once in a while to "enlighten" them. We need to bring so,e of them up into our realm and then convince them of the dues.

Oh and really random but I was asked to give a lecture for the PT department and guess what they asked me to lecture on?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It will be a great thread. Right now i´m stuck in the EG and SkoAB threads. I read one thread then go back to subscriptions to read the other, when i´m done i go back to subscriptions again just to find out the first thread has 20 new posts. Those two threads are like a big f***ing black hole that just suck you in with an infinite amount of posts and you almost forgets that there´s more on SF.... gotta love it :nodding:

Yeah, I frequent just a few personally. EG and Skoak  mainly, but I do open a few others from time to time just to see what's going on. I do generally scan the first page of Classic Menswear to see if anything interesting is going on however. 

You're completely right. The GG, EB, EG, and Skoak threads are like a black hole.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I thought I was new blood. I've only gotten my first Gg and EG like 3 months ago and Allen Edmonds a year ago. I'm trying to convince my friends to go Edward green and Gg but the jump from Kenneth Cole to Allen Edmonds is easier by comparison.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads