• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

fcarsenal85

Reaction score
Hi All, unfortunately I missed the sale and the G&G website does not have my size (12UK) in stock. I am now seriously considering a pair or two MTO's... Haven't decided which ones yet as they are so difficult to choose! But I am contemplating Hayes / Hilton / Kensington / Carlyle...

I just have a question about pricing as I tried searching the web and the forums and couldnt seem to find much. I know the RTW's are GBP 700+. would it be safe to assume that MTO's will be in the GBP 900 range? I think I am still ok with that, but I dont know how i'd feel going GBP 1,000+, its some sort of mental barrier! haha.

Thanks you!

ElementHU

Reaction score

Hi All, unfortunately I missed the sale and the G&G website does not have my size (12UK) in stock. I am now seriously considering a pair or two MTO's... Haven't decided which ones yet as they are so difficult to choose! But I am contemplating Hayes / Hilton / Kensington / Carlyle...

I just have a question about pricing as I tried searching the web and the forums and couldnt seem to find much. I know the RTW's are GBP 700+. would it be safe to assume that MTO's will be in the GBP 900 range? I think I am still ok with that, but I dont know how i'd feel going GBP 1,000+, its some sort of mental barrier! haha.

Thanks you!

I know you had 4 specific models you're looking at, but did you take a look at the 4 MTO's that Nick is offering this month without an up-charge? They start at page 579 of this thread...the St. James at 615 non-VAT and Grant at 635 non-VAT would be excellent choices to contemplate, let alone the Burnhams listed a few pages later. If I hadn't already tapped myself out on the sale, I would have gone in on a couple of those.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

munmanstk

Reaction score

How would one put this boot on? With the aid of an ultra-low-viscosity synthetic oil perhaps?
I believe that is to be placed on a mantlepiece. Its too beautiful to be dragged around in asphalt. Talking about beautiful shoes, sharing the most sexiest black full brogues ever: Rothshchild
4e6uzety.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftw90240

Reaction score
My Antibes came into the office today. Because they match my belt, I quickly discarded the AS Charltons that I got last week (Bodileys) and switched to these. Oddly, these 9Es are a bit tight. Beauties though. Hope they loosen just a tad.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

I know you had 4 specific models you're looking at, but did you take a look at the 4 MTO's that Nick is offering this month without an up-charge? They start at page 579 of this thread...the St. James at 615 non-VAT and Grant at 635 non-VAT would be excellent choices to contemplate, let alone the Burnhams listed a few pages later. If I hadn't already tapped myself out on the sale, I would have gone in on a couple of those.

What page these post is located depends on your settings, how many posts per page you want to see. I have 100 post / page i think so i don´t have to change page all the time, for me this thread is 181 pages long.

ElementHU

Reaction score

What page these post is located depends on your settings, how many posts per page you want to see. I have 100 post / page i think so i don´t have to change page all the time, for me this thread is 181 pages long.

Never realized that, but after looking I'm on the default setting of 15. Thanks for the tip.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally - last two pair in after days of missing Fedex, lost Door Tags etc...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally - last two pair in after days of missing Fedex, lost Door Tags etc...

Nice! And Fedex door tags weren't lost most likely driver just didn't stop by. Been getting "door tags" a lot this past month

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by the way still quite a few pairs in Barenys on Madison, a few brown Antibee in smaller size (8.5 or less), all the others are larger, and again no Fairmont...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long do the Barney's mark down last? I understand that there will be no more GGs at Barneys, so do they keep them marked down until they are gone? :confused:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How long do the Barney's mark down last? I understand that there will be no more GGs at Barneys, so do they keep them marked down until they are gone? :confused:

Still same price, they're trying to clean them out since they won't be carrying GG anymore. Whatever left are mostly >11, with the exception of brown Antibee (though also available in large size)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads