• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know I never realized this until I started taking shoe selfie but when you bend over at odd angles and contort your body to take pictures it really messes up your pants so it's hard to get a good shot of them.

That's quite a lot of effort to show off your RM Williams to me!

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ooooo the St James II Vintage Chestnut MH71, you have started me lusting again, they are simply gorgeous. Was going to London to get a pair but I hate travelling to London. Got 2 pairs of Crockett & Jones Belgrave to sate my hunger but I've looked at the pictures for two days now and I have become peckish. Please do not ruin them with the over shiny toe look (such poor taste).
They are absolutely the Mutts Nuts, was thinking of vintage oak but they have probably changed my mind - vintage chestnut and a pair of jeans, doubt it gets any better
worship.gif

And here I thought I was the only considering wearing the St James II with jeans.

Berners15

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The best combination, class Oxfords with jeans. That way the shoes are the star.

Berners15

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
C&G Belgraves in polo suede look very good with the humble Levi's
smile.gif

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&G Belgraves in polo suede look very good with the humble Levi's :)

I have to say I'm fairly new to Gaziano and Girling but I'm unable to locate the G&G Belgrave but I'm familiar with the C&J Belgrave.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You gotta get that hem fixed. Amateur hour by the seamstress/seamstro.

You realize he may have pulled them up a bit, yes?

You know I never realized this until I started taking shoe selfie but when you bend over at odd angles and contort your body to take pictures it really messes up your pants so it's hard to get a good shot of them.

Best hem job Old Navy has to offer :)

What, no one has thought of juxtaposing really bad pants to make shoes look fancier? :bigstar:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As my other half says so eloquently "everybody likes a piece of,  but no one likes a smart"

I like your first post better. I didn't mean anything other than I was unable to locate a G&G Belgrave, but I was aware of a C&J Belgrave.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like pants. I spend way more on pants, socks, and shoes then the rest of my wardrobe. You can't see the rest when you take photos of your shoes so what's the point right?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I actually like pants. I spend way more on pants, socks, and shoes then the rest of my wardrobe. You can't see the rest when you take photos of your shoes so what's the point right?

I deeply respect this philosophy. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads