• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gas Issues during Tennis

uvmboi13

Reaction score
I have a REAL huge dilemma lately and I don't know the solution. The story is:

I was playing tennis yesterday and it was a small local tournament with $2000 in prize money. It was the semi-finals and I was playing really well and I believe was up 6-2, 5-1 then all of a sudden the worst thing happened.

I hit a huge serve and my opponent barely got it over and I got over excited and hit the ball as hard as I could... FARTING in the process. The ball was out by the way. Everyone started laughing at me and I just lost total focus. I didn't win a single game after that point.... I lost:

6-2, 5-7, 0-6

My question is, how can I stop this from happening again? Is it normal to fart when hitting the ball so hard?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is one of the main obstacles keeping most people below a true 5.0 rating.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take a dizzump before your match.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uvmboi13
I have a REAL huge dilemma lately and I don't know the solution. The story is:

I was playing tennis yesterday and it was a small local tournament with $2000 in prize money. It was the semi-finals and I was playing really well and I believe was up 6-2, 5-1 then all of a sudden the worst thing happened.

I hit a huge serve and my opponent barely got it over and I got over excited and hit the ball as hard as I could... FARTING in the process. The ball was out by the way. Everyone started laughing at me and I just lost total focus. I didn't win a single game after that point.... I lost:

6-2, 5-7, 0-6

My question is, how can I stop this from happening again? Is it normal to fart when hitting the ball so hard?

I don't see the dilemma.

To fart or not to fart? Is that the question? Is it nobeler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous line judges or by arguing, thus get expelled?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you think the pros grunt at each hit? They're covering up for the air poopies.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Exactly how loud was the fart?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF. you lost your focus from something like that? Tennis hinges on mental strength.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hope you weren't wearing white shorts!

chenc

Reaction score
Hit harder, and fart harder. Just don't **** in your shorts.

WRAdvisor

Reaction score
I'm a competitive golfer at the regional level and I've seen this happen to other players (and myself) when teeing off. While the games are different, hitting a tennis ball and a golf ball use sudden bursts of energy. My opinion, don't let it bother you because it's happened to most players.

Next time you let one rip...just go out and beat your opponent and people won't even remember.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by M. Bardamu
Very punny

Thank you. I was afraid no one that might read this thread would get it.

JakeTS86

Reaction score
Funniest thread ever
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics