• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gardening

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two types of squash, some cherries, and a few heirlooms.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MY latest addition:

P1300822.jpg

Forget what the yellow flower on top is called. I have a red one that I planted too.

P1300825.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today's work...

Lemon ball seedum spilling over, very jameson seedum flowering in the back, and supervivum oddity in the front.

A preview of my next project...

IMG_20111106_170539.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I know about palms is the palmetto which can be a pita. Try trimming the browm stuff off and tfhen trimming the other branches back.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some work done this weekend...

potted some grasses. Think I'm going to get something new today.

this pot is a one-off from a local potter. It was cast from a log. Hence why it looks like a log.

IMG_20111112_120134.jpg

This will turn almost a fluorescent orange in a bit and fill the pot.

IMG_20111112_120204.jpg

For now this stands like a pillar at top of our steps to the deck. It will become an accent plant when I finish my bonsai bench. In fact it is in a bonsai training pot. It is about three feet of pot and plant.

IMG_20111112_120148.jpg

Also lots of bulbs in the ground but that would be less entertaining than this (but only slightly so).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the end of the day I will have planted 70 bulbs. 45 tulips of various varieties and 15 hyacinth. When I get some money again I am going to order some of these bad boys so line the back of my garden in the front of my house.

Basically it'll be the epitome of sex appeal. When them beezies see my garden, they're going to want to take me to their secret garden.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edina, what are you using to keep the squirrels from snacking on your tulips? I use large amounts of hot pepper sprinkled on the ground.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Edina, what are you using to keep the squirrels from snacking on your tulips? I use large amounts of hot pepper sprinkled on the ground.

First time I've planted them so.... nothing. :embar::eek: Other than bunch of pinestraw for mulch atm. i'll go ahead and do that later.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yow.

I have decided I will have a moss garden in my new house. FACT. It will have as much sex appeal as this one does. ALSO FACT.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, two points of semi-concern for my garden/skills going forward...

I can't get pansies or violas to stay in bloom. Its strange as ****. I have three violas in a strawberry pot, one does really well, the other two just kind of... meh. I'll deadhead and sometimes get new blooms sometimes won't. I got some pansies at the end of the year for the nursery and wasn't expecting much from them but I've deadheaded and got some small new blooms on them. I'll wait a while before passing judgement there.

But there are daffodils and tulips sprouting up all over the place here for a few weeks. No activity on mine which kinda scares me :( I did plant them late in the fall so that's probably got a lot to do with it though :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics