• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

G&G D70 vs. C&J 360 vs Lobb 7000/EG 82- very similar? one more or less pointy?

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get a handle on how pointy or round these lasts are relative to each other. Anyone with experience with any or all would be much appreciated. Interested more in the design/ appearance of the shoe than the fit. thanks! G&G D70
JL 7000

ndw

Reaction score
I am wearing a 7000 last right now at work so I can't do comp pics with other shoes, but it is not overly elongated- certainly not any more than the 888. It may measure slightly longer than the 888 but it's probably because of the more rounded toe.

If it helps- I am a 10.5d us and the 9.5uk is spot on.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
How about a comparison of the G&G DG70 to the 7000?

I would say the DG70 is more "pointy."

The 7000 fits 1/2 size larger.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
I would say the DG70 is more "pointy."

The 7000 fits 1/2 size larger.

thanks - meaning if I size down 1 full size from my US size for the Lobb, I would only size down 1/2 for the G&G?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the difference in these lasts isn't in the pointyness, per se. It's in the direction of the point and whether they are offset.

82 is offset. 360 isn't, really

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks - meaning if I size down 1 full size from my US size for the Lobb, I would only size down 1/2 for the G&G?

Yup.

Srynerson

Reaction score

Exactly. I'm a UK 11E in the JL 7000, but a UK 11.5E in the G&G.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.