• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full body vs. split

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
And I don't think doing push ups is a measure of fitness either... I don't think doing 20 push ups qualifies anybody as being very 'fit'. I can do much more than 20 and I still consider myself a beginner.

In one set, dude? I was saying in one set.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Push ups would be a "measure of fitness" as you can measure them and they relate to performance.

Most "measures of fitness" do not mean ****.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The military fitness test they run on conscripts here specifies 40 pushups in was it one minute as excellent - "one set" if you will. Most everyone, including the fat F***ers got that one down so I wouldn't rate someone who can do 20 pushups as elevated above the beginner level.

riotior

Reaction score
I have recently switched from full body to split, but it doesn't feel "right" -- like, I didn't get in everything that I needed to get in.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by virus646
Some of you guys need to read this thread over IA.com http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20350 . Simple strength routines work for a long long time, believe me.

Thank you for this. After reading over there for a decent amt I started the SPBR last night. Will give it a solid strict 2 months (at least) and see how it goes.
bigstar[1].gif

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riotior
I have recently switched from full body to split, but it doesn't feel "right" -- like, I didn't get in everything that I needed to get in.

I don't get it.... how can you not get in everything when you literally have 2 or 3 times as much time?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I get what he means. When you go from squatting every trip to doing "upper" or whatever, you can feel as if you did not do everything you "need" (ie - crave).

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Many folks don't like to mess with deads and squats because of possible back issues. I know, I know - proper form and all that. But it can still be hard. Personally I'm not a fan of my whole body being sore at one time but I am considering trying the ss program for a month to see how it works.

Youre sore all the time because youre doing the typical obese workout plan of one day on and 8 months off. SS was designed by an Arab Muslim, fat boy. Being youre a bigot and all, you might want to try something else.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Well, I get what he means. When you go from squatting every trip to doing "upper" or whatever, you can feel as if you did not do everything you "need" (ie - crave).
Well w/a split naturally things are gonna be different. My chest days are a walk in the park compared to my deadlift or leg days.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do a full body work out 3 times a week in about 1.5-2 hours incl warm up, work out, 5 minute sauna and shower. Though I'm young, I have no interest in going to the gym more than 3 times a week for longer than 1.5-2 hours.

Mind you I lift for upper body, and use elliptical on high resistance for legs.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Youre sore all the time because youre doing the typical obese workout plan of one day on and 8 months off. SS was designed by an Arab Muslim, fat boy. Being youre a bigot and all, you might want to try something else.

Well... That or it was designed by a Texan who was ripped off by some Belgian dude with admittedly very effective marketing

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Well w/a split naturally things are gonna be different. My chest days are a walk in the park compared to my deadlift or leg days.

If your chest day is so much easier than your leg day you are doing it wrong

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
A 1rm squat is inherently harder than a 1rm bench.

Maybe so, but we are talking about an entire workout day not just one rep.
And I never said the chest workout would be more difficult than a leg workout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads