• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vass U Last Oxblood size 43 (US10), new with 3 piece trees and box.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
If you mean reflections of the brown shoe next to it from the black mirrorlike finish, then absolutely. Nothing but black here on my Apple 30" Cinema Display.
tongue.gif

ACD is a good monitor but it's color spectrum cannot show as well as a good CRT.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those purple because they damned sure ain't black.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eggplant?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my size.
laugh.gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics.

I definitely like the shoes. I do think though that they would appear black under most lighting conditions (seriously).

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby

I do think though that they would appear black under most lighting conditions (seriously).

They won't -- I'll promise you that. Vass's oxblood is a spectacular color. Edmorel is a ****** photographer (no offense, Ed).
smile.gif

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic1jh2.jpg

Vass in the front row, far left. That's what oxblood looks like.

Also, http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...3&d=1159941020 That's probably lightened slightly by photoshop, but you can see that this shoe isn't going to look black. It's not going to look like chestnut antique either, but it's going to look far more like dark oak antique than black.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Eggplant?

Properly in Italian. Eggplant=Melanzana= Mouliyan or shortened to moolie!

So, don't a be foolie by the U lass Moolie
laugh.gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HalfCanvas
They won't -- I'll promise you that. Vass's oxblood is a spectacular color. Edmorel is a ****** photographer (no offense, Ed).
smile.gif

Also, http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...3&d=1159941020 That's probably lightened slightly by photoshop, but you can see that this shoe isn't going to look black. It's not going to look like chestnut antique either, but it's going to look far more like dark oak antique than black.

Ah. Now I see it. I like. The remaining issue (besides having no money for things like shoes at the moment) is sizing. It's been recommended to me by two different Vass owner to try a 43.5 in the U last, assuming I wore a 10D. In us sizes I'm usually between a 9.5D - 10D. So I think a 43 might work??

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HalfCanvas
smile.gif

Sa-weet, you pulled up my pic of shoe Appreciation. I've never been cited like that before. Those are definitely oxblood. I wonder why Ed's picture isn't coming out like that. Maybe my flash adds a touch more color to it.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those, sir Ed, are the shizzle.

Would that I had a money tree in my yard, I should snatch these from you post haste, forthwith, etc. etc. etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads