• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE NOVEMBER 23rd - THE CANE

Who will win the Palme d'or at Cane Festival ?

• Claghorn

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Roycru

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Bienluienapris

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Upr_Crust

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • EFV

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Butler

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Shen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleav

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Mr Knightley

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

YES

NO

At least keep your umbrellas properly closed gents. The cane is still the idea.

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to have the advice of other members about that...
For the moment, the deadline is still sunday evening.

Yes, Thursday was a holiday in the United States, but so far, 3/5ths of the entries have been from the United States.

While we're on the subject of umbrellas, am I the only person who finds pictures of people with their umbrellas open when it's not raining is rather bizarre?

There seems to have been a minor pandemic of these pictures online recently. People Of Earth, if the ground isn't wet, you look silly with your umbrellas up over your heads.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, Thursday was a holiday in the United States, but so far, 3/5ths of the entries have been from the United States.

While we're on the subject of umbrellas, am I the only person who finds pictures of people with their umbrellas open when it's not raining is rather bizarre?

There seems to have been a minor pandemic of these pictures online recently.  People Of Earth, if the ground isn't wet, you look silly with your umbrellas up over your heads. 

Perhaps people are looking to revive the usage of parasols, but cannot find a proper parasol, and are substituting umbrellas instead. Certainly in New York, it is not uncommon to see East Asian ladies wielding an open umbrella over their heads in full sunshine.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It was actually raining quite a lot when I was taking my picture, but I folded the umbrella just for the picture. That's how dedicated I am to the Friday challenge people! :D

Now, the question is, what's sillier? Having an umbrella when it's not raining or not using your umbrella when it's actually raining? :puzzled:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was actually raining quite a lot when I was taking my picture, but I folded the umbrella just for the picture. That's how dedicated I am to the Friday challenge people!
biggrin.gif

Now, the question is, what's sillier? Having an umbrella when it's not raining or not using your umbrella when it's actually raining?
puzzled.gif

When it's raining and you are using your umbrella, your pictures end up looking something like this........

......and while on the subject of silly, some might think wearing suede saddle shoes in the rain is silly.

For those who are wondering how you keep the rain off the camera lens, in this example. my friend was standing under an awning in front of a shop.

Some members who live in Los Angeles might recognize where this is and might know that you see many Japanese ladies with Japanese paper parasols here when the Sun is shining.

Other members might recognize, behind the tree on the left, the only building in Los Angeles mentioned in the (once) missing pages from the 9/11 Commission Report.

Shen

Reaction score
Bad picture due to times of darkness in the North. Also, I didn't wear a tie so that might be a problem.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Bad picture due to times of darkness in the North. Also, I didn't wear a tie so that might be a problem.
Your outfit is formal enough to qualify.
And, very important, your umbrella is properly furled !
smile.gif

But your face is bloody scary.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
THE POLL WILL BE UP TOMORROW AFTERNOON EUROPEAN TIME. ENTRIES ALLOWED UNTIL TOMORROW MORNING.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Thanks for your participation Gents.
Some great entries.

QUE LE MEILLEUR GAGNE

THE POLL IS UP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads