• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge for January 29, 2016: In The Pink Revisited

Friday Challenge for January 29, 2016: In The Pink Revisited

• Coxsackie

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Gerry Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sarteaga

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Andy57

• 23mike

• Tom Miler

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • SYCSYC

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • EFV

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the recent discussions in the WAYWRN thread have talked up the merits of wearing a pink shirt with certain color combinations. I happen to like pink shirts myself and so I thought it would be interesting for a Friday Challenge topic. A search of the Friday Challenge archives revealed that this topic had been used once before, but almost three years ago. That precedes my time of StyFo and perhaps quite a few other members, so I decided to revise the topic for this challenge.

The challenge is to integrate a pink shirt into your look one day this week. Jacket and tie required. Everything else is optional within the bounds of decorum.

I shamelessly steal some of the inspiration pictures from the last challenge, courtesy of @sugarbutch :

And I'm going to crib the details from that old challenge as they make good sense to me:

• The pink shirt need not be solid pink
  • A red hairline stripe or microcheck which resolves to pink from more than a foot away is pink
  • Lavender is not pink
  • A Pink brand shirt which which is blue or some other color is not pink
  • Contrast collars are permissible

Entry closes at 11pm Pacific Standard Time on Friday, January 29. Poll closes midnight Sunday. I'll have the poll up Saturday morning. Multiple votes will be allowed.

This is my first time doing this so let me know if I've forgotten some important detail. Have at it!

Summary:

I'm not sure if the pink shirt comes through since the light's not that great but it's this one:

x-post WAYWRN . . .

I think, as so often is the case, that @upr_crust is going to be hard to beat. One other observation, unknown to me at the moment I thought this challenge was a good idea, is that it is quite difficult to get a good photograph of a pale pink shirt. So, here my entry for the challenge, cross-posted from WAYWRN:

Thought I might join in the fun.

I rarely do pink.
But what wouldn't you do to enter the friday challenge?

iPhones are pretty good in natural light, but they just suck when taking pictures indoors:

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Notice the smiley with regularly lifting single eyebrow. This would indicate that the poster is having a go or taking the piss or having a row or "joshing". Context clues!

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

Notice the smiley with regularly lifting single eyebrow. This would indicate that the poster is having a go or taking the piss or having a row or "joshing". Context clues!

Indeed. it might also mean that he did think it was sugarbutch, and was teasing him about some beard-related matter to which I'm not privy.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Andy, I'm happy the old challenge was of use to you.

Interesting that all the examples you chose are pink and grey.  

I like pink and brown together, too, but I may not have found pictures of that combo at the time.

Koala and Testudo: Pedantry and defensiveness are not good looks.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I'm in, if I can find enough sunlight to take a picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics