• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Poiret_Studio.jpg

Paul Poiret
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Poiret

I really like this type of jacket much more then the Forestiere. Totally comfortable.

Last edited:

Monty L

Reaction score
Having unearthed a few shorter and fairly older threads on the subject and reviewed this one, I was wondering if anyone can provide more up to date information on the tailoring operation at Charvet. I will likely give them a call in the morning to enquire about pricing for a 2pc suit and also to request some swatches for another order of shirts. From what I can tell, there's no distinctive hous style (could be advantageous as I like flexibility). Could anyone comment on the quality of the finishing, as compared to other Parisian operations, and any specific "strengths" or certain details that would be good to order in a suit from Charvet? Would love to get a sense of what my options for tailoring are there as they've really been exceptional in meeting my shirting needs. Thanks!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dirnelli

Reaction score

if you are looking in reasonable price all these things then xxxxxxx is the best option for you.

FYI -- Website says 'customize your suit/shirt in 10 minutes online' and 'designed in France, made in (Eastern?) Europe and Asia'

I'll leave it to thread followers to decide whether the post belongs in the same thread as Arnys, Camps de Luca, Cifonelli & Smalto...

Mod's note: Spam link edited out.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirnelli

Reaction score

Having unearthed a few shorter and fairly older threads on the subject and reviewed this one, I was wondering if anyone can provide more up to date information on the tailoring operation at Charvet. I will likely give them a call in the morning to enquire about pricing for a 2pc suit and also to request some swatches for another order of shirts. From what I can tell, there's no distinctive hous style (could be advantageous as I like flexibility). Could anyone comment on the quality of the finishing, as compared to other Parisian operations, and any specific "strengths" or certain details that would be good to order in a suit from Charvet? Would love to get a sense of what my options for tailoring are there as they've really been exceptional in meeting my shirting needs. Thanks!

Just curious, why commission a bespoke suit at Charvet which is better known for their shirts? Why not one of the Parisian bespoke suitmakers instead?

HighToned

Reaction score
FYI -- Website says 'customize your suit/shirt in 10 minutes online' and 'designed in France, made in (Eastern?) Europe and Asia'

I'll leave it to thread followers to decide whether the post belongs in the same thread as Arnys, Camps de Luca, Cifonelli & Smalto...

Obviously don't belong here... ; )

Last edited:

PiedBeau

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Very interesting thread ! I hope it will keep growing so we can centralize alot of info in here.

Anyone has experience with Jean-Luc Rambure ?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

€4900 for a 2 piece suit in super 100s when I inquired in the summer IIRC. Tailoring floor is nice, although could use some natural light. They use Drapers, Holland & Sherry, and Scabal. The garments that I saw were nice, but in terms of finishing the sewing on the button holes and lining was not as fine as Camps or Cifo. Many do say that the tailor is quite flexible (e.g. I heard that he loves it if you ask for a cran Parisian just like Camps de Luca).

Last edited:

Monty L

Reaction score

Just curious, why commission a bespoke suit at Charvet which is better known for their shirts? Why not one of the Parisian bespoke suitmakers instead?

Mostly ease since I'm a standing customer, and I also thought that if their tailoring was less popular than their shirt making operation, that turnaround times may be a bit shorter do to fewer orders in front of mine. At about 5k euros to start it's not a world away from Cifo and Camps (from my perusal of this thread I really love what I've seen from the latter). I'll have to think about staying put or saving up a bit longer for something by Camps. Also, thanks to Kuro for the information!

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The late great RJMAN had a few suits done by Charvet..

He is still alive do not worry.

Last edited:

texasgent

Reaction score
Good Evening Gents. I have been following SF for a few years now, but this is my first post. I have enjoyed the wealth of information that has come from this specific thread. As of now I wear Cesare Attolini suits, shirts from emmanuel maffeis (not direct but through private label), and Cleverley shoes. I am extremely happy with my shoes, but find my shirts and suits lacking in certain areas. I will be in London next week, and am taking my wife to Paris for 1 day/night. I find myself drawn to French tailoring/look/quality at the moment. I already have an appointment with Cifonelli. I would like a recommendation on a shirt maker. From the posts I have read there is no general consensus, but i am still going to ask. I am not as much concerned with hand stitching as I am with fit/quality. Price being no issue, who would you say the best maker to visit would be since I only have time for one? Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads