• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw this on the G&G tumblr

http://gazianogirling.tumblr.com/post/85747638481

tumblr_n5kyrdzmBE1rwub8vo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5kyqjppbr1rwub8vo1_1280.png

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the G&G reception on May 9 with the crew from Chittleborough. Most everyone was elegantly turned out with the noticeable exception of that magician hired for the evening. Totally random, but he had a 10 min up-close routine which was actually quite impressive.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool. Now it makes sense that he's a magician. I wonder if they'll do something similar at the NYC event.

HighToned

Reaction score
Very interesting to see what's happening outside of Paris. Thank you, more pics if you can ! Merci

After few months, I just finish today my new video on Japanese bespoke shoemaker Yasuhiro Shiota for French House, Aubercy.

I hope you will like it ! ; )

dirnelli

Reaction score

I really love reading this thread as I have never been exposed to French tailoring and am now completely smitten with the fishmouth lapel. Getting a suit done at Camps, Cifo or Smalto is out of the question, too rich for my blood. :( So I did the next best thing and had my tailor in Hong Kong make a copy from pictures on this thread.

Had my first fitting yesterday, but from the photo you can't really see the fishmouth lapels, I am a bit worried that they might get the collar wrong (not lapel) as it is somewhat larger than usual.

Will post pics when it's done.

I feel for you. I have gone down that route a number of times, even giving my Hong Kong tailor the actual original Camps or Smalto jackets to copy, but it never works out to be just perfect, frustratingly. So I can only guess how approximate it will be if they must cut a copy just based on a photograph. Interesting experiment, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for Cifo's American customers - do they carry the completed suits with them, or does one have to pick it up in Paris or have it mailed (thereby incurring American customs charges)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads