• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frangrance!

JLM

Reaction score
My all-time favorite is Acqua di Parma.

Joe G

Reaction score
In ready-to-wear, I like Helmut Lang for Men, Dunhill Desire, and Creed Green Valley.

Peace,

JG

Stone

Reaction score
I don't really like cologne...I'll wear Creed Erolfa, I guess, or Imperial Millesime.

F4iryder14

Reaction score
My "ace in the hole" cologne is Portfolio by Perry Ellis.  It comes in a cool silver bottle and is moderately priced.  It is a very, I guess you could say "sharp" scent that is not to musky or heavy but very masculine.  I wear that when I go out because I have NEVER met one person in my life who also wears it.  Not sure if that is is a positive or not, but I think it is.

Kevin

High_Roller

Reaction score
Gucci has always seemed to be able to put out a great scent. I wear Rush during the day and Envy for night time gatherings. I also love Givenchy Pi.

thc

Reaction score
I like Acqua di Parma as well. However, I will say one thing about AdP. The stuff does not last. The scent seems to wear out very quickly.

I wear cologne rarely because I'm somewhat sensitive to fragrances in all types of products (detergents, etc.) But I've worn AdP before and liked it.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Acqua di Parma as well.  However, I will say one thing about AdP.  The stuff does not last.  The scent seems to wear out very quickly.
I'll second that. ADP really does smell amazing though; it's by far my favorite scent. However, I've found it rejuvinate itself once you start to sweat a little or get hot around the collar.

I've found the same with my Green Irish Tweed as well, though it lasts a bit longer. Surprisingly, my Gucci Envy seems more potent, lasting all night.

cristobal

Reaction score
I read something the other day about putting a drop of vanilla extract in your cologne.  
Actually, vanilla is one of the base ingredients in my favorite cologne, Le Male from Gaultier. I'm not sure about adding vanilla to colognes, but Le Male's a great scent if you're looking for vanilla.

Jantzen fan

Reaction score
Daviddoff cool water is my favourite cologne as it's so fresh and the fragrance lasts for a long time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads