• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

poena

Reaction score
v10s at indy were incredibly loud. down the front straight in the upper level seating with the awning...it made your head hurt within a few minutes. so good.

v8s at spa were pretty awesome too. Austin didn't seem as loud for some reason.

wish I was around to hear the old v12s

the sound is the absolute best thing about seeing f1 in person

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

v10s at indy were incredibly loud. down the front straight in the upper level seating with the awning...it made your head hurt within a few minutes. so good.

v8s at spa were pretty awesome too. Austin didn't seem as loud for some reason.

wish I was around to hear the old v12s

the sound is the absolute best thing about seeing f1 in person

I thought the V10s were better sounding than the 12s.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You guys are mongoloids. That sound sucks. Worse than the turbo V6's from the 80s. The commentators watching the cars whir by don't even need earplugs and can EVEN TALK OVER THE CARS. Dude, in last year's spec that was totally impossible.

Having been to 7 races live, I could just tell those cars are muted as ****. This is a huge step back in terms of experience. The old sound literally shook you live. Even J Button was like 'hey, I loved the sound of the old cars too, but this is what we got'.

You guys are in denial. These cars sound like F3 at best. With all this technology they couldn't manage this better??

We'll see.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As expected... Williams & Martini. What do you think of the livery? Its a little understated.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks **** to me. F1 can use some understated. I read that this is only one of a few different liveries they'll use over the course of the year.

The driver suits look great, too:

Last edited:

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

They might have to turn down the commentary during the races or stop talking, because you can barely hear the cars when Ted is talking :D Notice he has to stop talking to let us hear the cars! (This is day 3 of the final test so the cars are running at full speed)

Last edited:

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should have given the teams more testing time this year. At this rate, it seems like many of the teams will still be in "testing mode" for half of the season so we really won't be seeing much of the field actually racing.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Um, they will be racing. A **** load of points for the taking while the likes of Red Bull and Lotus figure stuff out. I can't imagine a team settling for p5 when a podium is for the taking because they're "testing" at a grand prix. No doubt they won't be at their best early in the season but it's silly to suggest they'll be half assing it out there.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps what he means is that they'll be driving with power turned way down so that they are not competitive in the interests of trying to reach the finish line.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There will be at least five teams going hard: Mercedes, Williams, McLaren, Force India, and Ferrari. That's more than enough for exciting racing. Actually, if they are all relatively competitive, that's more racing than we typically see in a year. Personally, I welcome the return of unreliability.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There will be at least five teams going hard: Mercedes, Williams, McLaren, Force India, and Ferrari. That's more than enough for exciting racing. Actually, if they are all relatively competitive, that's more racing than we typically see in a year. Personally, I welcome the return of unreliability.

I echo your second thought. The cars were just too bullet proof.

I'm not suggesting boring racing via my comments, there are enough competitive cars to make it interesting. But the renault cars and to some extent Ferrari won't be close to the podium.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess if you're a fan of those teams, then the early races could suck. But, it could also make for an exciting comeback later in the season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads