• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formal apology to TheTieBar.com + Wool Tie Review.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flartchy
Not a huge fan of knit ties but those don't look any worse than any I've ever seen. Never seen one for $15 though
wink.gif

And from what I've seen lately, skinny ties are REAL skinny. Department store ties are pushing 2" these days, sometimes 1 3/4". (Although IMHO it's better than the 4 1/2" ties of a few years ago.)

I say stick with 3 1/4" and you'll never have a problem.

3" is the prefect middle ground width for me.

Though skinny? I have skinny. I have one of 1930's vintage that's 1 7/8", and a couple from the 50's that measure in at 2 1/4". If tie bar's 2.5 inchers are anorexic, those have starved to death.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I recently received my first order from TheTieBar.com. I bought a couple of knits, and here's one in action from yesterday.

Closeup-79.jpg

Leaning-28.jpg

I find them a little lacking in body but I'm still very happy with them, especially at that price.

How wide is that? And which one is it: this one or this one? They look the same but have different product numbers? I'm this close to buying one right now.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
How wide is that? And which one is it: this one or this one? They look the same but have different product numbers? I'm this close to buying one right now.

I would guess that it's the 2 3/4" model.

Acer

Reaction score
FYI -- they now have 3" ties on 80 or so of their silk tie patterns. They're in with the skinny ties.

Flartchy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Acer
FYI -- they now have 3" ties on 80 or so of their silk tie patterns. They're in with the skinny ties.
I saw that and was pleased. It's hard to find 3" ties these days, they're either too wide or too narrow. I'm seriously contemplating a purchase.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love happy endings. Glad things worked out between you and tiebar, acecow.

Acer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flartchy
I saw that and was pleased. It's hard to find 3" ties these days, they're either too wide or too narrow. I'm seriously contemplating a purchase.

I ordered a 3.5" brown solid texture silk tie, and a 3" navy w/ white pindot... I really dig their ties. I don't see any reason to spend any more $ on a tie until I've got 7 figures in the bank and just want to throw money at something.

officeboy

Reaction score
I might as well post and say that thanks to this thread I ordered a few ties and was surprised at how nice they were.

Arson

Reaction score
I've ordered 6 ties from thetiebar.com and all of them are amazing. All staples and all are true to color. And their pocket squares are also very nice.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I have one knit tie from them and my biggest problem was the

My comments were overzealous. Plus, they were pretty clear in their advertising and weren't offering something that they didn't deliver. .

There's another thread on SF where the poster claimed the ties from tiebar are polyester.
He claimed that when called them out on it, tiebar replied with "Well, you can't prove it's not silk".
That is what I read on SF.

Flartchy

Reaction score
well that would explain the pricing. But one should be careful not to engage in libel. It's one thing to report a bad personal experience but it's quite another to make a claim about their business practices that you can't back up.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Tiebar could offer grenadines at a lower price I think that would be a smart business move, especially with the popularity of grens on this forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads