• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could this possibly be my one shirt phoenix?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has been dormant but my new delivery warrants a resurrection (at least in my opinion).
All are bespoke Camiceria Lombardi in Naples. All are Alumo Cashmerello. There is a fifth shirt but I'm wearing it now.

IChen

Reaction score
Camicceria Piccolo (the famous cloth merchant). The shirt arrived today, as promised, 3 weeks from the order. I ordered thorough their website in an standard size, but you can provide your own measurements at the same cost (200€), something I'll do in the future based on this shirt. Cloth is Canclini cotton/linen. Very good finishing (8 hand steps) and very thick MOP buttons. In conclusion, for those who can't reach Naples easily and know their measurements this is a very good option for getting a MTM (not bespoke) shirt at a good price. I totally recommend.

http://www.camiceriapiccolo.com/index.php

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Wow looks awesome. Was actually looking one day to order 3 shirts and they were one I was looking at. So you can provide own measurements?

How’s the shirt holding up? Worth the cost?

Not sure where Skipper Popeline fabric is from...but I found 2 stripes I really like :brick: and your shirt looks great!

Last edited:

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow looks awesome. Was actually looking one day to order 3 shirts and they were one I was looking at. So you can provide own measurements?

Not sure where Skipper Popeline fabric is from...but I found 2 stripes I really like :brick: and your shirt looks great!

Yes, quite detailed measurements for a MTM program.

In fact I sold the shirt to another forum member some time ago, this was my first order and it was RTW (standard measurements) but the cloth was amazing and the stitching (both the machine made and the handmade) very good. Of course you can find better deals if going to Naples directly, but a very good option buying remotely.

IChen

Reaction score
Yes, quite detailed measurements for a MTM program.

In fact I sold the shirt to another forum member some time ago, this was my first order and it was RTW (standard measurements) but the cloth was amazing and the stitching (both the machine made and the handmade) very good. Of course you can find better deals if going to Naples directly, but a very good option buying remotely.

Ah was selling the shirt just cause you didn’t end up liking the style or? Seems like a good place to buy remotely.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah was selling the shirt just cause you didn’t end up liking the style or? Seems like a good place to buy remotely.

No, the reason was that the collar and waist were too tight.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skipper is one of the 170/2 references from Grandi & Rubinelli.

I got some full rolls in offer is someone desires to buy at sale price in cuts.

IChen

Reaction score

o damn 170/2....must be super silky smooth then. The stripes look really really nice, not gonna lie.

IChen

Reaction score

Forgot to ask, are the fabrics nice? Around the same quality as Thomas Mason? Never heard of G&R so....

Damn, some of your tie fabrics look nice too :brick::brick:

Kaizen

Reaction score
After seeing the @hangerproject video about the Cooper collar, I wanted to get one from my shirtmaker - Hamilton Shirts. This is what they call an "Italian collar".

HamiltonShirtWithItalianCollar.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads