• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t normally bother replying to fools but I suppose I will be kind enough to make an exception in your case.

For starters, learn proper spelling and grammar if you want any credibility. That said, the real reason is quite simple: I don’t care what anyone else thinks. Particularly when it’s some anonymous hack on the internet who lives thousands of miles away. It’s my life and I’m the one who has to live it (especially at my age now.) Therefore I wear what I like, how I like, when I like and could utterly and truly care less what anyone else thinks. I’m on SF to enjoy myself and I sincerely appreciate everyone sharing photos of their garments and personal style. Enjoy your clothing everyone, that’s what it’s for!

Therefore, please tell your worthless “opinions” and what you “would have done” to someone who may actually care.
Image result for lighten up francis

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carl is, unquestionably, my favorite hack on the internet.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I kind of like the shits he posted. They remind me of something Elliot Gould's character in the Ocean's 11 series would wear. I could quibble about the fabrics chosen, but they have a distinctive look and variety is the spice, etc.

emptym

Reaction score
I like them too. They remind me of my childhood, in Las Vegas, in the 70s.

It was a good childhood, so I really do like that they remind me of it. These surely have much nicer cloth, buttons, and construction than stuff worn then, but the designs are similar. I wouldn't wear them either, but I'm glad he posted them.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like them too. They remind me of my childhood, in Las Vegas, in the 70s.

It was a good childhood, so I really do like that they remind me of it. These surely have much nicer cloth, buttons, and construction than stuff worn then, but the designs are similar. I wouldn't wear them either, but I'm glad he posted them.
They're pretty exuberant but we don't have to wear them. Also without him I'd've never heard of that shirtmaker.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello again and I hope everyone is well. A fellow SF member made me aware of this thread and I'm glad he did. I love a nice shirt and there are plenty on display here.

A couple months ago I ordered a dozen one piece collar designs from my bespoke shirt maker. For my more casual "sporty" type shirts I really enjoy textured fabrics and contrasting details. I wanted to share a few examples from this latest batch as I'm just really happy with how they turned out.

View attachment 1230298View attachment 1230299View attachment 1230300

Here is a little closer view of the collar construction.

View attachment 1230304
Btw ive seen some of these shirts in action. They work.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 144 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%