• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want that one on the end in the group shot. I have never ordered from mytailor. Anything I should know?

Yes. Wait until Joe comes to your area and have him measure you. buy one shirt and then have hims make the inevitable changes you will want and then you will be a very happy customer.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want that one on the end in the group shot. I have never ordered from mytailor. Anything I should know?

I have one in that fabric. It's a really great pattern for linen, lots of natural texture.

My recommendation is to specifically ask for their lightest collar fusing (or none at all). The standard MyTailor fusing is fine for cotton, but in this case you don't want a major contrast in texture between the collar and the rest of the shirt. Joe & co. redid mine at no charge and now it's one of my favourite shirts.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have one in that fabric. It's a really great pattern for linen, lots of natural texture.
My recommendation is to specifically ask for their lightest collar fusing (or none at all). The standard MyTailor fusing is fine for cotton, but in this case you don't want a major contrast in texture between the collar and the rest of the shirt. Joe & co. redid mine at no charge and now it's one of my favourite shirts.

+1 on the no fusing - I believe Joe prefers to do shirts this way.

emptym

Reaction score
A couple of very nice shirts from CEGO:

The corners of the collars are blunted, which I like on the buttondown in particular.

Last edited:

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ich_Dien: I'll see you and raise...

Looks like we pillaged the same source. Mine aren't here yet, but I am eagerly awaiting ...

Great looking casual shirts. I love the cut on those shirts for casual wear. Did you get them from Pauw? Thanks.

-LR

KP23

Reaction score

Yes. Wait until Joe comes to your area and have him measure you. buy one shirt and then have hims make the inevitable changes you will want and then you will be a very happy customer.

How can I find out when he is coming?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads