• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fleece in school color and with school logo?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
Seriously, Jose, this post is about as stupid and useless as asking what color underwear you should wear. 99% of the questions you ask involve personal preference on the most basic decisions.
MrR

I could never figure this out either. Thats why I dont wear underwear.

If someone is able to advise me on the correct underwear for a ___ who has recently ___ but is from a ___ in which we ___.... then I would gladly start wearing underwear again.

K

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, how many of you would appreciate receiving a school logo gift from someone going to a certain school? Like maybe if you went to Yale, your parents, grandparents and girlfriend would probably apreciate a Yale Football t-shirt or whatever (since there's no real non-loungewear article available except the nicer ties or a fleece for layering purposes), but who else might want such a gift, unlike the majority of people who would never touch it?

I thought some older people might have a good answer. For example, a much older relative you're visiting, but whose kids went to school on the opposite coast?

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
By the way, how many of you would appreciate receiving a school logo gift from someone going to a certain school? Like maybe if you went to Yale, your parents, grandparents and girlfriend would probably apreciate a Yale Football t-shirt or whatever (since there's no real non-loungewear article available except the nicer ties or a fleece for layering purposes), but who else might want such a gift, unlike the majority of people who would never touch it?

I thought some older people might have a good answer. For example, a much older relative you're visiting, but whose kids went to school on the opposite coast?

This is an important question that has perplexed me for many a sleepless night.
Do parents enjoy receiving logo'd clothing from a school their son or daughter attends? hmmmm My guess is yes, however, color selection is crucial and not a decision to be taken lightly.

I once gave an older relative a sweatshirt from the med school I attend and he threw it in my face due to double stitching and low armholes.....If I were you i'd proceed with caution and consult us on every step of the way.

Good luck

MrR

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal

Why are you asking us this?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're really scraping the bottom of the banality barrel here.

I want the last 5 minutes of my life back.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I came across a Harvard fleece today at the Goodwill, and almost picked it up for Jose. It was charcoal though, and I couldn't recall what his final verdict was on his color preference.
See, Josepidal, that's what people think of school fleece.

They throw it out to the thrift stores.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
This is an important question that has perplexed me for many a sleepless night.
Do parents enjoy receiving logo'd clothing from a school their son or daughter attends? hmmmm My guess is yes, however, color selection is crucial and not a decision to be taken lightly.

I once gave an older relative a sweatshirt from the med school I attend and he threw it in my face due to double stitching and low armholes.....If I were you i'd proceed with caution and consult us on every step of the way.

Good luck

MrR

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
If school spirit is your thing--which isn't mine and I've never understood the idea--then certainly a school color is apropos.

Doesn't Harvard also have red as their color?

I believe they call it "crimson".

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Was that a joke?

What I said was not. I would probably wear it at school, but after graduation I would relegate it to home use. Just trying to be helpful...

I still have an old, ratty law school sweatshirt that I wear (albeit usually inside-out) around the house after changing out of my suit at night or sometimes running errands on a weekend morning.
My other school-related t-shirts and such were gradually destroyed as part of my rotation of gym shirts, which tends to consist of things I wouldn't otherwise wear but am too cheap to just throw away.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I still have an old, ratty law school sweatshirt that I wear (albeit usually inside-out) around the house after changing out of my suit at night or sometimes running errands on a weekend morning.
My other school-related t-shirts and such were gradually destroyed as part of my rotation of gym shirts, which tends to consist of things I wouldn't otherwise wear but am too cheap to just throw away.

I can't bring myself to throw out clothes either. It causes real storage problems. I justify it by saying that my great grandkids will someday want to wear them or something
confused.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can answer such a difficult question without high definition pics. Sending me samples of the different materials and colorways used would be even better. Scans of the different patrons available would be nice too so I know the exact armhole measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics